Main Menu

"Doom, the original and the best"

Started by Art, 10 January, 2003, 04:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

Resident Evil was great fun wasn't it, It captured the mood of the video game just fine. I mean what do the people who hated it want from it? Socio-political drama? By the way I think Umbrella is a great name for a Corporation that is trying to put across a friendly image of protection and global coverage, whilst committing nefarious deeds behind the scenes, rather like any other multi-national corporation really. There see, it doesn't seem so silly now does it.

Back to the original point of the thread now. I'm of the opinion that this is the daddy of the FP shoot-em-up's, and do you know what, I think I'm right.

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!

http://www.wapers.com/games/duke/duke.jpg">

Quirkafleeg

Oh yeah! Not too many games with a level that starts with you being fried in an electric chair...

judge dreddd

remember elite on the old home computers ?

You can get elite 2 - elite final frontier for free ,,, if you can search and find it

watch out, viper on yer 6

i am sad really.

DavidXBrunt

Of course, none of these games hold a candle to the greatest computer game of them all.

Ehn-nur-nu-nur-new-ner!

Rebelstar!

seeneester

Half-life gets my vote.

Quirkafleeg

Of course I don't really have to mention this do I... telephones, toilets, a mine, a big mansion, the Python foot, If I was a rich man, Hall of the Mountain king ... the best games of all time...

Thought not...

Buddy

Elite was fantsatic - where can I get this free version of Elite 2??

Oddboy

Elite 2 (PC) (dispite having more in-space station options) was actually crap compared to the Spectrum original.

I'm pissed off cause I found out at xmas that Dad had cleared out the old Speccy (& the games that went with it).  I was going to claim that, and now it's gone!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Quirkafleeg

Don't worry Odd there's a whole world of Speccy emulation out there on the web (and every other system come to that)

Elite, was first on the Beeb, I think. But only posh children had one of them, unlike us tough-kids with our Spectrums!