Main Menu

Dead Set

Started by deus x machina, 14 October, 2008, 10:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Big Brother Live channel....?
Hmmmmm. Bit contrived, but still highly entertaining.

Mardroid

Bucket scene.

Oh dear.

(Disgusting. Is it wrong it had me cracking up?)

I was wondering that the wire fence could keep these running zombies out, but at least they explained that easily enough in the swimming pool scene.

paulvonscott

Managed to just tape the first eisode on E4+1 thanks to the boarders here.  Have enjoyed the first one immensley, looking forward to the rest.  Better than Shaun of the Dead, if that mans anything.

Roger Godpleton

I love the fact that this doesn't go down the obvious and cynical route of laughing at all those terribly vulgar people who enjoy reality shows. Eldon's character seems to be pretty much the same as Julian Barratt in Nathan Barley in that the joke is on him for trying to pretend he's above all this, and I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine that he is basically an analogue for Brooker himself. The fire extinguisher scene was probably the most upsetting thing I've seen on TV in years.

Nurse, Doctor Who requires 20 ccs of Charlie Brooker stat.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

satchmo

Yeah, it actually made me feel that, faced with the end of the world, even Big Brother contestants are precious and full of life and special. How the fuck did you manage that, Charlie Brooker?!
Kevin Eldon has all the answers until it actually comes to doing anything at all, when he can't even stab someone in the head. :)
Love it.

radiator

QuoteWhat else has badass gun lady been in? She looks familiar, but I can't place her.

I'ts been bugging me too, and I just worked it out - she played Mark's high school crush in series 4 of Peep Show.

radiator

Man, that last bit was [spoiler]nasty! "I don't even Know what that is!"[/spoiler]

Can't see how its all going to be wrapped up in one more half-hour episode - [spoiler]most of the main cast are still alive. Maybe tomorrow's episode will just be a bloodbath,[/spoiler]or maybe they'll leave it dangling for a second series....

Either way I'm already sold on the DVD.

Goaty

love the Producer!

is it most gore ever on tv???

and nice see Brian the Zombie! but in good clever scene!

Matt Timson

Quote from: "Mardroid"
Quote from: "Matt Timson"Missed it and on demand doesn't cater for Macs.  How backward is that?

Do you have cable? They have the shows as part of the On-demand service there too.

I saw the second episode yesterday. Nice follow-up. I'm a bit disappointed it's only a 1/2 hour now it just didn't feel meaty enough. Still, they obviously want to spread it throughout the week with the run-up to Halloween and I guess it's better to take that option than fill the episodes with superfluous fluff.

Sky.  I'll just wait for DVD.  Or YouTube.
Pffft...

Mardroid

QuoteSky. I'll just wait for DVD. Or YouTube.

Or the feature length version that's coming out over the weekend, tomorrow  I believe- i.e the whole lot in one go..?

I doubt I'll watch the whole lot again (I quite like my little snippets, although they feel too short.) but I imagine they'd work well that way.

paulvonscott

I had meant to say that I'd need to rewatch the first episode again (and it's the only one I've watched so far) but there were at least two references to zombie movies and I suspect there may have been more.

They're coming to get you barabra is the obvious one.

But the producer also referred to living dead at the manchester morgue, which is an old fave of mine.

Dead Set has rather crept up on me, but it's just sinking in that Channel 4 have made a zombie TV series.  Amazing.

satchmo

Ep 4 had some juicy Dawn of The Dead references, it's also the goriest thing I've seen in a long time. I was nearly behind that sofa! I'm so excited about the finale tonight.

chris_askham

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that from start to finish.

Dave Kendall

Boy, what a roller coaster that was. I don't have a problem saying it's the best zombie film I've ever seen. Seriously dark and apocalyptic stuff, brilliantly conceived and written.

M.I.K.

[spoiler]Only problem with the last episode was that I guessed it would probably end like that before I'd even seen the first episode. The fact that I watched the whole thing anyway must be proof of how well written it was.[/spoiler]