Previous topic - Next topic

deus x machina

(May of already been posted but.....)

http://io9.com/5044413/first-look-at-de ... reality-tv
Best clip I could find
Be Pure! Be Vigilant! BEHAVE!

I'm sure my stupidity outshines your intelligence

Mardroid

Yeah it's been posted. They've started advertising it on the TV now too. I've seen it a couple of times today. I'm really looking forward to it actually.

Mikey

Yeah - I think this has potential.Do I detect a zombie Davina?

Strangely enough, during the past summer's BB,I suggested to Mrs Mikey I'd love to take charge fora day and scare the living crap out of the whiney,talentless dirt that go on by locking them in and having people/things stare in the windows at them...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mardroid

Quick reminder, first episode is on E4 tonight at 10. (and 11 on E4+1 obviously.) I'm rather looking forward to this.

House of Usher

End of Part 2. Good so far.
STRIKE !!!

Rob Spalding

Enjoying it so far.
Zombies a bit speedy, but I'll cope.

[spoiler]Loved Davina's slow slide into the water cooler[/spoiler]

Goaty

I do enjoy it! 28 Days Later-theme... :)

and it very likely to Walking Dead, as it part of 5 episodes this week.

but i just thought, as it not like to Walking Dead or in America as they got weapons of guns everywhere there and what does office buildings in England got? thanks to Health and Safety, we are fucked in UK if zombie outbreak!

Goaty

but classic lines so far...

[spoiler]'It smells like fingering in here'[/spoiler]

[spoiler]as producer notice Davina zombie, "oh dear"[/spoiler]

[spoiler]producer and disabled wheelchair man...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]as when producer locked the door, saw Pippa(new girl from BB house)  and went "oh not YOU!"[/spoiler]

[spoiler]'Is that Davina?!'
'Sort of..'[/spoiler]

Tiplodocus

Entertaining enough.  The lack of sympathetic characters meant it dragged a bit for me; let 'em all get eaten except Kevin Eldon I say. Some good gore for a TV show but that shaky camera is going to hack me off.

[spoiler]The slimy TV Producer pushes someone in a wheelchair at a zombie in order to save himself[/spoiler]. Funny but not exactly subtle.

I'll be tuning in again though so it must be doing something right.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Use Spoilers please, Goaty.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Wils

Enjoyed it, but that fast, jerky camera shit that went on every time they wanted to hide dodgy effects is *really* annoying and gave me a headache. It was like watching Street-Porter shite on BBC2 from 20 years ago.

Echoing Tips; everyone to get munched except The Actor Kevin Eldon, please.

longmanshort

Enjoyed it. And you just *know* Eldon's going to die in the most gruesomely humorous fashion possible, why else would he be included?! ;)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Colin YNWA

Only seen the first 30 minutes to date but so far...

Yeah defo enjoyed it. Fast Zombies aside, which it would seem Charlie Brooker is a big fan of and personally I think misses the point of zombie as satire BUT hey there you go; really good.

I'm wondering how well it'll hold out over another 2 1/2 hours of TV (thats' right isn't it?) as most of the TV satire is surely done by now and there is only so much more that can be done with the whole we're trapped in here and there's Zombie's everywhere thing?

That said so far so good

radiator

I thought it was great, and I'm in for the duration. I loved the attention to detail. Genuinely nasty with some laugh out loud moments. How often can you say that about a modern TV show? Best thing E4s ever done thats for sure.

It would seem that the 'good guys' and 'bad guys' among the survivors are already established, but I'm hoping we'll see at least one reversal of character as things escalate.

Nice quick interview with Brooker here:
//http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a133572/charlie-brooker-dead-set.html

Buddy

Liked it.

No problem with 'fast' zombies.

[spoiler]Fire extinguisher is possibly best zombie death ever put to film.[/spoiler]

Grim and funny.