Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Another report on BBC.

JayzusB.Christ

Utterly shocked and very saddened by this. The Prodigy were a huge part of my younger years - they did the best live concerts I've ever seen and I even styled myself on Keith a bit (purple spiked hair and piercings, basically).
I was absolutely determined to see them next time they played, but even if they do now it won't be the same without Keith. Rest in peace
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Heath C Ackley

Shame. I love the Prodigy
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Rackle

Absolutely devastated that Keith Flint died, especially as it was depression that led to him ending his life.  :'(
RIP my favourite Firestarter.

JayzusB.Christ

A bit more about Keith, now that it's sunk in.

I liked rave / techno at the time, but it just looked shit.  Dirty hippies in fields, or baggy t-shirted clowns getting mud all over their expensive suede shoes.

The Prodigy were among the best, and Keith made them look it.  For those of us who could just about remember the arse-end of punk, we suddenly had a mad frontman who brought its look and attitude to the dance music scene.  He was Johnny Rotten for the pillhead generation.

When Firestarter came out, he suddenly proved he had the voice of Johnny Rotten as well as the charisma.  I remember one music magazine calling that song, and its iconic video, 'pure, bottled zeitgeist', which was spot on.

He was a John Hicklenton drawing come to life.  Goodbye, Keith.  You won't be forgotten.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rately

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 March, 2019, 07:45:50 PM

He was a John Hicklenton drawing come to life.  Goodbye, Keith.  You won't be forgotten.

I can't think of a better description!

RIP Keith.

IndigoPrime

I always thought the Breathe video is like Hicklenton come to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_PAHbqq-o4

It's horrible that Flint's gone; doubly so when you hear what a lovely bloke he was. (Being 'stage' Keith Flint must have been exhausting.)

Dandontdare

Indeed - the press have been full of pictures of him grimacing and snarling, but only a handful, such as this one chose that picture of him just having a nice time at Glasto. Sad loss, one of those bands I had opportunities to see but never did.

sheridan

sheridan

Jacques Loussier, 84.

Who he?

Most famous in the UK for the recording of Air on a G String, as used in adverts like this.

JayzusB.Christ

Hang on a minute. Firestarter.  FLINT. Twenty-odd years on the penny drops...

rogue69

Juan Arancio aged 87 the Argentinian artist best know in 2000AD for co-creating Shako & drawing the first 4 issues

sheridan

Quote from: rogue69 on 07 March, 2019, 08:55:40 PM
Juan Arancio aged 87 the Argentinian artist best know in 2000AD for co-creating Shako & drawing the first 4 issues

I always think droids should get their own thread, so hopefully you won't mind if I copy and paste your post.

Professor Bear

Reports of Jan-Michael Vincent's passing were released today, though his death actually happened last month.  Best known for Airwolf, he also starred in Damnation Alley, a movie known around these parts for its contributions to Dredd lore (alongside the original novel the film was based upon).
Though he'd had a leg amputated some years ago, 73 still isn't a bad run, especially not when you consider the many films and tv shows he was in and the high profile and earnings he got from Airwolf that admittedly resulted in his infamous/ruinous toot habit.  Was just doing an Airwolf binge watch, too.