Main Menu

Kamandi world map?

Started by Apestrife, 11 July, 2016, 07:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Anyone who knows a way of getting hold of the Kamandi world map?

Either original poster, in the pages of the magazine, high resolution scan or such.

Reason I ask is because I'd really like to put it up on my wall. A high resolution scan would be especially nice, so that I could print it in any size I'd like :)

Worst case scenario, perhaps I'll trace it and paint it myself.

Colin YNWA

I own the comics so if you can let me know what issue its in I can try. When you say high resolution would need to know what level ya talking as I only have the works photocopier.

maryanddavid

That is brilliant! the inspiration for this?

Trout

Bloody hell, David. What the shitting shit is that piece of genius?

Apestrife

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 11 July, 2016, 08:54:21 PM
I own the comics so if you can let me know what issue its in I can try. When you say high resolution would need to know what level ya talking as I only have the works photocopier.

Thank you very much. Im gonna try to look it up!

maryanddavid, amazing :D wheres that from??

Colin YNWA

Think its issue 32 I'll have a nosey tonight...

Apestrife

Thanks a lot.

Yes, says here it's in #32. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Kamandi_Vol_1_32

Issue seems quite easy to come by on ebay. If I where to buy it, the map itself is in between the pages, not a separate poster or something?

Colin YNWA

Well I've got it out the nerd room earlier and the its in the pages I'm afraid. To make matters worse its a Giant Sized issue tucked away in the reprint of issue 1 contained within the issue.

So to get a scan I'm going to have to try to do each page seperately and hope it can be stitched together? Lucky it does have a gutter between the pages so that should help. I'll try but I'm not optimistic...

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Trout on 12 July, 2016, 04:13:50 AM
One of Flint's pieces of madness from some special or other, wasn't it?

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 July, 2016, 12:00:01 AM
Quote from: Trout on 12 July, 2016, 04:13:50 AM
One of Flint's pieces of madness from some special or other, wasn't it?

I've definitely seen it before, just cant recall where.
I don't think it was published by the House of Tharg though.

Apestrife

Got hold of scanned pages. Printed, framed. 2 x A4.

Looks alright I think. Great way to learn geography ;)

Colin YNWA

Wow that looks GREAT where did you get the scans in the end?

Apestrife

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 10 August, 2016, 05:00:20 PM
Wow that looks GREAT where did you get the scans in the end?

thanks for helping me find the issue they where in.

Got both pages as jpgs sent to me. I think they're from some old scan of the Kamandi issue. Shame comixology didn't have the issue (they're only up to #27). I didn't want to take one of the issues out of circulation (of/for those collecting Kirby stuff) either just to put it up on my wall.

Funny how it takes a while for people to realize it isn't a real map till they see the land bridge between Canada and Ireland :P

Apestrife

Might do some more. While I'v  found the Multiversity (Perhaps then list the different earths in a similar way as world maps lists flags.) map in a high resolution http://i.imgur.com/ymx6Ipb.jpg I'm very much considering printing Thames megalodon :D

Hawkmumbler

Did Kamandi ever get reprinted completely? I've always wanted to check it out...