Main Menu

Feedback from Tharg?

Started by NorthVox, 27 February, 2012, 02:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthVox

Hi guys. Recently I sent off a couple of scripts to 2000AD, Future Shock submissions, just wandering if anyone has any idea how long it usually takes to hear back from them. I used to send off scripts in my teens and usually got a fairly quick response. Does it usually take a while or are they no longer taking submissions? Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, it's just that it's near enough a couple of months now, and I'm a bit of a panicky pete!  :P

Emperor

Here you go:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26003.0.html

Quick points though: 6 months seems to be about the average wait and don't send more than one script at a time.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

NorthVox

Emperor

Quote from: NorthVox on 27 February, 2012, 03:00:51 AM
Ah, cheers!

Well worth reading the thread - it won't make your reply from Tharg turn up any quicker, but you are in the same boat as a lot of other people, which might at least calm the panic ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Danbell

I sent off a script back in September and I recieved another rejection letter for the collection today. This one took a lot longer than a previous attempt which got a response in about a month.

Jon

Yeah, my last rejection took six months almost to the day, I think. Must be a thing (or a really big pile). :)

Heath C Ackley

Just to update those who read my post in the thread Emp mentions above, my script was returned just before Christmas with a letter assuring me that the Editorial team do read each and every script. (Not that i was complaining in the first place and no, it hasn't put me off submitting again).

One script at a time NorthVox mate and use the time your waiting to build a veritable arsenal of kick arse scripts!   
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Bolt-01

In TMO's defence, I read a script every lunchtime, and it still doesn't quite keep me up to date. So if fqp can't keep on top of things (i aim to get back to folks in 30 days but its rarely that quick) then you can't expect his emerald Excellency to respond at the drop of a hat.

NorthVox

well that's definately a weight off my shoulders! Back to writing I guess! (instead of waiting by the letterbox all day sobbing uncontrollably as the mail seems to solely consist of unfriendly bank statements rather than letters of acceptence for my artistic genius).