Main Menu

My printer is shit. Help.

Started by vzzbux, 16 November, 2011, 08:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Having recently had my PC updated it will no longer acknowledge my printer/scanner. There is nothing wrong with it as wifey's laptop is fine with picking it up. I have purged my PC of all software and tried reinstalling the drivers but to no avail. I plug in the USB jack and the printer doesn't register. Any help would be much appreciated.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

vzzbux

Damn wrong place. Could a mod put this in the help section please.

V
Drokking since 1972

The Legendary Shark

Updated drivers from your printer vendor's website?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

I, Cosh

Yeah. I assume your new PC is using a different operating system to your wife's laptop?

What's the make and model of the printer?
We never really die.

von Boom

Have you tried rolling back the update to see if the printer works again? If you do this and the printer does work just skip the update for now.

Alternatively you could try turning the print spooler off, turn off the printer, turn on the spooler and then turn on the printer. I have an HP printer and I have to do this when the printer locks up.

JvB

vzzbux

Just done a driver update but still no joy. I have an Epson DX4800. I went from XP to 7 with a totally new motherboard. In my computer page when I plug in the usb the F drive flashes up for a microsecond then is gone. In my Devices and printers when the USB is in the printer icon is solid but when removed it grey's out. I am totally fucking stumped.

V
Drokking since 1972

SpetsnaZ99

You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

vzzbux

I have been all over that site but to no avail. I have ran a program which tells me there is nothing wrong with my Driver for the printer. Thanx anyway.
Just a thought could it be my USB drivers? Don't want to start messing around with those as I know next to fuck all when it comes to this.

V
Drokking since 1972

I, Cosh

Quote from: vzzbux on 17 November, 2011, 07:23:58 PM
Just a thought could it be my USB drivers? Don't want to start messing around with those as I know next to fuck all when it comes to this.
I don't know much more but I doubt it. Random troubleshooting thoughts:

- Have you tried it in different USB sockets?
- Have you tried another device in this socket?
- Did you make sure you got the correct Windows 7 driver, i.e. 32 or 64 bit depending on what version you are running?
We never really die.

vzzbux

Yeh went through all that on the site. I have even had the PC apart. Probably just have to stick to using the Lap Top for now. The Bro in Law proclaims to be a tech wizard so will get him to look at it when he is next round.
Just seems weird that it is seeing it yet it isn't.

V
Drokking since 1972

vzzbux

Just an update if anyone is interested. My bro in law sorted the problem out but don't know how. He played around with some updates for about 15 mins tried it and whammo all sorted.

V
Drokking since 1972

SpetsnaZ99

my god, this was back in november.... get a Mac
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.