Main Menu

I think I might start saving up for a PSThree

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 23 November, 2007, 09:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Blue Screen every time?

Time for a clean-up.

until such time as we have entirely sentient OS's that can prepare themselves for every device or program that might ever be installed, we might just have to take a little time to tidy our systems up and remove devices that cause problems.

They did add the "problem reports and solutions centre" that might help you.

If the software is incompatible then that's a shame butnot the fault of MS.  Trying to develop something that's compatible with everything else whilst also moving forwardis all but impossible.

I do agree that Vista was largely not needed yet and pushed out as a cash cow but I don't think they are a bad software company at all.

Havin said that, i really the Vista Interface now and XP seems crude when I go back.

Steve Green

Since XP came along, I've very rarely had a BSOD, except in one case - I changed every component and eventually traced it down to the Hard Drive, once I had a new HD in it was fine.

- Steve

Mardroid

Oh.. and a laptop having a faultu touchpad is nothign to do with MS or their software. Look at the make of the laptop and blame them.

Fair enought maybe that was a bad example. I'm not totally convinced it's the hardware though, but I guess it could be 3rd company drivers etc,but then again I'm using Vista on that machine, and Microsoft have a tendency to relie on users complaints to do their debugging for them...

I have had other problems though with other computers in the past (crashing,blue screens etc), everyone I've had in fact.

Don't get me wrong, Windows definitely has it's good points, and I take back the "Pissing all over the sw industry" comment as that's perhaps a bit strong. However robust it isn't and sidelining perfectly decent multiplatform programming languages like Java (yes I come from a development background too) for their own thing (C#, .Net etc...) was a pain.

Linux on the other hand.... could do with being more user friendly but seldom messes up the whole machine when one program crashes.

Mardroid

Oh dear just saw how I spelt 'rely'. Oh for an edit button.

Floyd-the-k

this seems to be the thread for people who know more about games than I do.  
 I notice that PS2s are as cheap as chips these days (well, 89 manly Australian dollars, but still within reach). Should I buy one?

WoD

The back catalogue on the PS2 is brilliant.  For the money and what you can get for it it is a good deal.

Pyroxian

Definitely, there's some fantastic PS2 games that you can pick up really cheaply now (ooh, like Rogue Trooper - oh and get the Taito Legends Series ;))

Steve

Something Fishy

Mardredd.. agree that there was no reason for MS to sideline Java in favour of C#.

The tools they provide are bloody good but it is a shame they don't embrace open standards.