Main Menu

PS3 or 360?

Started by mogzilla, 11 May, 2008, 03:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Yup- mine arrived back yesterday, with a month's Live.

All I need now is GTA4...

mogzilla

thankyou one and all ,i never read any other threads cos it wasnt an issue b4.
   gonna go for the xbox 360!
gta4
elder scrolls oblivion
and either ghost recon,rainbow 6 vegas and cod ...

Peter Wolf

EEuuugggh

Horrible ad.

Horrible.Not sure what they are getting at and i dont care either but Xbox 360 here i Come !!

[apologies but i could not resist and whats more i never ever thought i would ever buy any Microsoft product]
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Something Fishy

Anyone seen the promo's for Banjo 3 or Viva Pinata 2?  Both look fantastic (VP was one of the best games on the 360 thus far for me, so relaxing and fun).

Fable 2 also looks like being great. Can't wait.

Martin Jameson

I have a ps3 but my son wants a 360 for Christmas.
As I understand it if he wants to play online he has to buy a seperate router or something for wireless, but can it be wired into the router and does it have the wire in the box? And is it very long?
Also, does he have to pay to go online or does he get some time with the console?
Seems complicated and expensive compared to ps3.

mogzilla

Quote from: "Martin Jameson"I have a ps3 but my son wants a 360 for Christmas.
As I understand it if he wants to play online he has to buy a seperate router or something for wireless, but can it be wired into the router and does it have the wire in the box? And is it very long?
Also, does he have to pay to go online or does he get some time with the console?
Seems complicated and expensive compared to ps3.

hi,as i recently took the onine plunge, you get a cable and its about 1.5 - 2 m long (no im not measuring it, that kind of anally obsessive statistic collecting is buttonmans and i wouldnt want to stand on his toes.)

you do get 3mths live gold membership free but i lost mine,god knows how,i'm thinking toddler toddler scissors and doodle do on cbeebies. slver is free any way but you cant play online just download a few freebies. i am going to splash on microsoft points though and get the dlc (downloadable content) for ye olde fable 2  'if the boy gets fable 2add the moggy zoom as a freind and ill sort him some decent weaponary as i did with  steve millars lad. good weapons are expensive but worth it!
big fan onthe master cutlass and turret rifle meself...hope this ramble helps some ....see ya

mogzilla

...oh yeah and we have the one router in t'front room and it works when im slaying while the wife's hot deals uking
as to wireless,no idea .

Bongo Jack

The PS3 has a built-in wireless modem, so you should already be online unless your wireless setup is security-enabled, in which case, you need a web key or something like that - your provider should talk you through any setup process.

PS3 is going down in price by another hundred quid in the new year.  Soon be time to invest in one for the bedroom, methinks.
Live forever or die trying

jakeblues69

I'm going for the PS3 160 gb. The built in wireless and blu-ray sold me, plus online play is free. Also they are working on a deal to download netflix to your console.
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

Roger Godpleton

Will be getting a PS3 sometime soon and then I will be Chadwarden
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Something Fishy

Quote from: "jakeblues69"I'm going for the PS3 160 gb. The built in wireless and blu-ray sold me, plus online play is free. Also they are working on a deal to download netflix to your console.

Netflix is 360 in the US, are Sony doing it now too?

Re the 100 pund price drop.. was that not a confirmed rumour?  with Sony puting a lot of their goos up in price (up to 33%) due to the strong yen I'd be stunned ifthey dropped it that much.

Never say never though I guess.

I think the 360 price now makes it a fantastic and affordable way to access to a plethora of great games at a good price.

PS3 is good too but the price needs to drop before it will really take off I think.

I like them both.

jakeblues69

Ordered the PS3 160Gb, Fallout3 and a blu-ray remote from amazon today. Redeemed 527 dollars worth of spare change at the coinstar machine and got an amazon gift card to use for this.

I heard some sales people at EB games talking about the PS3/netflix thing a few weeks ago and thats as much as I know about it.
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

jakeblues69

A week after my PS3 came, Amazon sent me a 60 dollar gift code to buy PS3 games/accessories. You have to get the 160GB Drakes Fortune pack. Don't know when I'll get around to playing D'sF as Fallout has me totally pre-occupied.

Bongo Jack

Sony denied the price drop, but I think that was just common sense coming up to christmas, as if potential buyers still on the fence knew there was a 100 quid price drop coming in the new year, they'd wait for it.

The bundles offered in a lot of stores offset the lack of an actual price drop at the minute, although there's no PS2 compatibility with the newer machines - then again, the games are plummeting in price at the minute and there's a huge second-hand market just developed for PS3 titles.
Live forever or die trying

jakeblues69

I'm pretty sure my PS2 will be collecting dust from now on. So sure, I'm going to give it to my buddies kid.