Main Menu

PS3 or 360?

Started by mogzilla, 11 May, 2008, 03:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Jameson

Quote from: "Bongo Jack"My brother had the no disc-reading thing - Sony bring you a replacement of the exact same model PS3 (even if it's one of the older ones with backwards compatibility, as his was) with the courier who comes to pick up the knackered one.  Just be  sure you back up all your saves to a flash drive - although any old usb-based MP3 player will do the same job in a pinch.
I was wondering about backing up my game saves and such in case I receive a different console back even though the Sony guy told me they repair my one and return it (up to 3 weeks later?!).

Roger Godpleton

I should point out to all the PS3 owners that Valkyria Chronicles is some essential shit.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

jakeblues69

Quote from: "Godpleton"I should point out to all the PS3 owners that Valkyria Chronicles is some essential shit.

That actually looks pretty cool, 53 ratings on Amazon and it's still got 5 stars. Do you have it? I've been so wrapped up in Fallout3 trying to find EVERYTHING on the map that I haven't even looked at any other games.
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

Roger Godpleton

It's a turn-based strategy game along the Advance Wars lines but there's a really strong RPG aspect as the units are individual characters rather than faceless pawns, and there's all sorts of different factors like who works best with who etc. It's not a masterpiece but it certainly should have sold more than 33,000 copies.

Martin Jameson

Quote from: "jakeblues69"I've been so wrapped up in Fallout3 trying to find EVERYTHING on the map that I haven't even looked at any other games.
Yeah, me too. Really pissed my ps3 broke down just as I was putting in some solid hours on this. Bored with being supremely good and had just committed my first massacre of innocents! Great fun being evil as it goes! Make caps quicker too.
I am missing it so much I picked up Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics (only 5.99 at Morrison's) today to fill the time until I get it back .

jakeblues69

Quote from: "Godpleton"It's a turn-based strategy game along the Advance Wars lines but there's a really strong RPG aspect as the units are individual characters rather than faceless pawns, and there's all sorts of different factors like who works best with who etc. It's not a masterpiece but it certainly should have sold more than 33,000 copies.

Based on that and the 53 ratings at Amazon, I'll give it a go the next time I buy a game.
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

Something Fishy

" should point out to all the PS3 owners that Valkyria Chronicles is some essential shit."

Rented this before Christmas.  Excellent game, greatly enjoyed it.

Roger Godpleton

Resi 5 demo on Live in two weeks. Wonder if it's as bad as some of the previews I've read.

tommymacuk

Xbox360 are the bestgreat games i like halo3 and smackdown vs raw 09 there great;)

Roger Godpleton

I assume we're all getting Street Fighter IV in four weeks right? Right? RIGHT?