Main Menu

Steam Sale

Started by GrinningChimera, 30 November, 2013, 05:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningChimera

So far I am down about $250. And in 5 minutes todays specials come out.

Anyone else spent far too much on the steam sale?

GrinningChimera

Borderlands 2 - 75% off
Amnesia : A Machine For Pigs - 50% off
Splinter Cell : Blacklist - 50% off
Batman : Arkham City GOTY - 75% off

which means I am now $64.93 poorer than about 10 minutes ago.

BUT IT'S TOO GOOD A DEAL TO PASS UP!!!!!!

CrazyFoxMachine

£1.50 for Terraria. Yes please.

£3.60 for Deponia - awesome point and click.

That's me happy - although I don't have time to play anything at all. I'll stash them for the harsh summer months.

CheechFU

skyrim legendary, max payne 3, just cause 2 (the multi player mod is being released in a few days on steam too), dishonored, CS:GO, final fantasy 7 and the witcher 2  :lol:

Wake

My son is in denial about us moving house, but the Steam sale was sufficient motivation for him to pack a box of books in his bedroom and help hang out some washing to earn £1.50 which was sufficient for him to buy Portal + Portal 2 for £4.49.

Devons Daddy

Those are incredible prices!!!
Spent far to much on games this month already.
Must resist.....,,,,,

Keep away from browser......
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

GrinningChimera

IT'S OVER! Thank God. Looks like it's gonna be beans on toast for me for the rest of the year.

CrazyFoxMachine

That was actually heartbreaking - there were two games this morning I was poised to buy - and now... sob... now nothing. Damn you full price, damn you.

CheechFU

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 03 December, 2013, 09:17:03 PM
That was actually heartbreaking - there were two games this morning I was poised to buy - and now... sob... now nothing. Damn you full price, damn you.
what did you miss out on

Bazooka Joe

Give it two weeks and the Winter Sale will start.

CrazyFoxMachine

Gunpoint (which is bloody amazing) was like £2 and now it's £6.99 and my brain can't cope with paying that much when it was so little just yesterday. Also I have no money so I was restricted to games under £5 but all being said I did well on these awesome indie titles:

Amazingly beautiful point-and-click in the Lucasarts mould

Open-world resource gathering/building/fighting game that is amazingly amazing

Stylish and absurdly silly platformer with very open-ending physics engine.

I also have a soft spot for Impire which is a bit like an RTS mashed together with Dungeon Keeper - but I got it JUST before the sale started d'oh!

Theblazeuk

I just got Fables: Wolf in the Shadows

Lot of fun though I almost wish I hadn't read the comics (though nothing would be as effective if I hadn't...). Different from the Walking Dead, which didn't really connect at all to the series.

Would love to see a 2000AD TellTale game. Though that would really require a more solid shooting/fighting engine for nearly all thrills

Rog69

I got throught it without buying anything this time, I still have a pile unplayed games from the Summer sale  :D.

I did nearly bite on Dark Souls though, but with the uncertainty around it still working when GFWL closes next year, I decided to leave it be.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 04 December, 2013, 02:55:19 PM
Gunpoint (which is bloody amazing) was like £2 and now it's £6.99 and my brain can't cope with paying that much when it was so little just yesterday. Also I have no money so I was restricted to games under £5 but all being said I did well on these awesome indie titles:

Amazingly beautiful point-and-click in the Lucasarts mould

Open-world resource gathering/building/fighting game that is amazingly amazing

Stylish and absurdly silly platformer with very open-ending physics engine.

I also have a soft spot for Impire which is a bit like an RTS mashed together with Dungeon Keeper - but I got it JUST before the sale started d'oh!

I have had the game Impire running on two computers and I am stuck in the tutorial in both of them. On one computer, it runs too slowly, and on the other it is just fine, but I am stuck in a part where I have to clear a room filled with some of those enemy imps, (Whatever they are..) who are guarding a chest. I can't get them to attack or anything and I can't find any other way past this point.

GrinningChimera

I only joined steam recently. Is this a quarterly thing? Because if it is I'm going to need a higher paying job!