Started by GrinningChimera, 30 November, 2013, 05:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 08 December, 2013, 12:51:32 AM
Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 07 December, 2013, 03:30:14 PM
Sigh,

NO NO NO NO NO!

I have two copies of Skyrim.

Neither works because of their rotten on line password system refuses to acknowledge my account.

Is it just me or do you never seem to have much luck with anything? I mean that in a nice way btw :P

Yeah I know... I should be sold to china as a scientist so that I can disable their technological research....

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 10 December, 2013, 05:47:06 PM
Fallout, Fallout Tactics and Fallout 2 for the low low price of $5usd

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2008/

at that price you would be mad not to!

Ends 20th Dec.

Less'n it was now free.
Lock up your spoons!

GrinningChimera

I feel kinda ripped off now. Still, it was only 5 bucks. Trying to get used to the play style. Crazy old timey computer games. Does anyone here remember playing fallout when it first came out? Was it a big hit?

Theblazeuk

Pretty big.

Fallout 1 and 2 are the best. Tactics is a good combat game but loses alot of the fun RPG stuff (like lowering your intelligence to 0 and communicating like a drooling moron... which does however open up some more rewarding conversations with some of the wastelands weirder characters).

Keef Monkey

I got the first Fallout on a similar deal a while back and gave it a go. Not having played it at the time I found it pretty tough, think I walked outside and got killed repeatedly by a rat and then never went back! I'm sure it's great once you get into it, but I struggled to re-aquaint with that style of gameplay and punishing difficulty.

Goaty

I am still wait for Fallout out on iOS as many games did.

Theblazeuk

The start *is* annoying.

Particularly as Fallout is a game where if you are clever enough and have the right stats, you can actually talk your way through most problems or leave alot of the fighting to your companions. I love that you can talk the last boss into committing suicide.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Oh, FFS!

The winter sale has started!
Lock up your spoons!

Emp

Say goodbye to more cash.

GrinningChimera

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 19 December, 2013, 07:58:15 PM
Oh, FFS!

The winter sale has started!

I should punch you in the nose....

Satanist

Just made my first ever STEAM purchases...

The Stanley Parable & Papers Please

gonna play the first one later with a beer when kids are in bed
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Satanist on 20 December, 2013, 07:57:38 PM

So, have you never played Half Life 2 then?

Welcome. Welcome to Steam. You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to this finest of our wallet-draining centres. I thought so much of Steam that I elected to establish my gaming life here, using the accesible money sucking system so thoughtfully provided by Valve, our benefactors. I have been proud to call Steam my home. And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through on your way to parts unknown - welcome to Steam. It's safer here.

PS Don't drink the water. They put something in the water. Something to make you forget. Forget about consoles and all those other games.
Lock up your spoons!

Theblazeuk

You hit me right in the nostalgia.

GrinningChimera

Age Of Empires 2 HD
Final Fantasy VIII
Fable The Lost Chapters

I'm stockpiling for the new year.

CheechFU

Quote from: Satanist on 20 December, 2013, 07:57:38 PM

Don't forget to trade in their christmas presents for more steam bucks to spend on more bargains and then develop a dangerous trading card habit or a team fortress 2 hat addiction.

Speaking of trading cards. I've earnt a fiver from selling those stupid things in the past couple of days  :lol: