Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Hawkmumbler

Nice to see more Devlin Waugh. Must get around to getting that first volume...

TordelBack

Quote from: James Stacey on 23 January, 2015, 10:11:41 AM
To June ...
http://www.2000adonline.com/downloads/rebellion_publishing_catalogue_2015.pdf

That's a really remarkable catalogue they have there, even leaving aside the juicy comics section.  Rather fancy that Cannonbridge book, and somehow I seem to have missed the fact that Ack Ack Macaque won the BSFA Best Novel. 

Anyone care to speculate what the new Waugh volume includes?  Very tempted. 

On a slightly negative note, I'm not really feeling the new cover for Zenith Phase III. 

Hawkmumbler

Just about to mention that. No Acid Archie. >:(

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 January, 2015, 10:51:53 AM
That's a really remarkable catalogue they have there, even leaving aside the juicy comics section.

Misplaced apostrophe on the very first text page! Outrage!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Spaceghost

Also, on page 46, they've ring-fenced the wrong 3 books as 'Alan Moore graphic novels'.

Chuck a large spanner at the design droid responsible.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

glassstanley

It was last year's catalogue that steered me towards Abaddon & Solaris Books, and I haven't regretted it at all. I'll be pre-ordering some of those paperbacks, as well as the graphic novels. Pleased to see another Ritual Crime Unit there!

Max Headroom

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 January, 2015, 10:51:53 AM

Anyone care to speculate what the new Waugh volume includes?  Very tempted. 

By my reckoning, the next Devlin Waugh trade should (hopefully!) include the following:

Red Tide prologue - Meg 201
Red Tide - Megs 202-213
Vile Bodies - Meg 227
All Hell - Megs 231 -237
Innocence and Experience - Megs 253-256
Body and Soul - JD Yearbook 1994

This would complete the series thus far including everything that was not re-printed in the 'Swimming In Blood' trade (which featured seven different stories; so the page count for the new edition looks about right).

Will definitely be picking this up in June.

TordelBack

Cheers Max. If your prediction is right I'll definitely get that. It'll be a little weird to have Innocence and Experience left as a cliffhanger, but better that than waiting for it to continue...

Zenith 666

Sure that Devlin was a thrill of the future in last few years.has it really been eight years.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: JSouth5942 on 23 January, 2015, 09:59:23 AM
Does this book contain any material not included in the three Durham Red TPB's already released in the UK (ie. Empty Suns, Vermin Stars and Scarlet Cantos)?

Not sure if I should order it or not.
Thanks in advance.
JSouth5942

Considering Carlos Ezquerra is credited, I would assume it does. The art in the 3 TPBs you refer to was by Mark Harrison. The story "Bitch" however was originally printed as a Strontium Dog story and is reprinted in one of the Agency Files volumes (Vol. 4?). There was a story called "lsle of the Damned" which was printed under the Durham Red title which may be in it.

Hawkmumbler

Island of the Damned was also a floppy a few years back. A damn good story as well.

Colin YNWA

According to Bleeding Cool Alan Moore will be writing the introduction to 'Tales of Telguuth'... which they think is news, so who am I to argue.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/27/alan-moore-writes-introduction-to-steve-moores-tales-of-telguuth/

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 23 January, 2015, 10:37:34 PM
By my reckoning, the next Devlin Waugh trade should (hopefully!) include the following:

Red Tide prologue - Meg 201
Red Tide - Megs 202-213
Vile Bodies - Meg 227
All Hell - Megs 231 -237
Innocence and Experience - Megs 253-256
Body and Soul - JD Yearbook 1994

Also the 2-part Bite Fight, Megazines 224-225, given that John Burns is mentioned as an artist.
@jamesfeistdraws