Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Hold out for HH in what sense? It's had two editions now in paperback, one of which is still in print: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Harlem-Heroes-2000-AD/dp/1906735522

Whether it'll be in the Hachette collection is another question. As for M.A.C.H. 1, I suspect enjoyment hinges on your fondness (or lack thereof) for that era of comics.

sintec

Hold out in the sense that I'm trying not buy too many books before an imminent house move in the next month or so - there's also the risk of it ending up a double dip in this collection although that is starting to seem unlikely.

I've enjoyed bits of the early era of the prog might grab the first book of MACH1 and see what I think.

Max Headroom

Has anyone received their copy of 'Greysuit' yet? If so, could you say whether it includes the entire story?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Max Headroom on 19 February, 2021, 03:44:09 PM
Has anyone received their copy of 'Greysuit' yet? If so, could you say whether it includes the entire story?

I picked up Greysuit from the Thrill-merchant on Wednesday and have just finished it. It does indeed contain all four arcs so is on the heftier side of these volumes.

I enjoyed it, it reminded me of a political Button Man, and Uncle Pat wouldn't be Uncle Pat without at least a healthy dose of polemic. Great art too - I particularly liked the panels where the background is out of focus.

Jade Falcon

Damn, I was looking forward to fiends of the Eastern Front, but I ordered originally from a Smiths in another town and switching branches SHOULD be easy, but NOOOOO, I've got to cancel from the old place and then reorder from the other and hope I don't miss an issue.  Anyway, I was due to go and pick it up today but my car has broken down.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

Jade, Hachette and Forbidden Planet currently have copies of Fiends if you have any problems with Smiths.

Jade Falcon

Oh they have the copy of Fiends, but its my car that is the problem.  It's a VW Golf and the battery just seems to drain, I don't know if its the battery, the alternator, the starter motor or god knows what.  Ideally I want to get that sorted for other things.  I've contacted them saying why I wasn't in, but it's not ideal.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

The Monarch

m.a.c.h 1 is def of its time

also is lobster random still availible anywhere? my newsagent fucked up and never got it

rogue69

Forbidden Planet still have Lobster Random up on their site and there's a couple of eBay for £15 &£17

Jade Falcon

I picked up my partworks today after getting a jumpstart.  I wasn't expecting Greysuit to be there, along with a replacement copy of Flesh for some reason.  I'll be looking forward to reading Fiends of the Eastern Front anyway.

Rara Avis

Guys!

You're not going to believe this but all back issues AND the Rogue Trooper figure have been replaced.

I can scarely believe my luck; oh happy day!

moogie101

Quote from: Rara Avis on 24 February, 2021, 07:37:20 AM
Guys!

You're not going to believe this but all back issues AND the Rogue Trooper figure have been replaced.

I can scarely believe my luck; oh happy day!

Excellent (and very unexpected) news.

Rara Avis

It arrived yesterday and it was like Christmas morning  :)

Jade Falcon

Did Greysuit come out early, I managed to get out and picked up Fiends, and Greysuit was there.  I was expecting it this week.  Also, I notice we had a replacement copy of Flesh.

As to the stories.

Fiends was enjoyable, a bit short in places, I felt the Napoleonic story could have been a bit longer and that the WW1 Black Max crossover perhaps went on a little too long, but overall enjoyable nonetheless.

Greysuit.  Despite what I'd heard here I enjoyed it.  The only thing that bothered me was the fact that the Russian (or whatever he was) Greysuit turned into a 'good guy' (looseley), even after the fact we learned he was a sadist.  For instance the description of what he had done to the female reporter.  It wasn't enough that he killed a target but seemed to be a mad dog that should have been put down.

It did seem to drag out a bit at the end though and then seem to suddenly end which sounds like a contradiction.

IndigoPrime

My subscription copies arrived today — with crushed corners. I wish they'd go back to the old-style packaging.