Main Menu

Which's the best story/stories with Judge Giant Jr?

Started by Sandman1, 14 August, 2018, 04:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Yeah, bring back Giant, Rico, and that space cadet one whatshis name, and Guthrie!!

They could all visit the Emerald City  Isle? eh Mike?
DDT did a job on me

Sandman1

Quote from: Greg M. on 15 August, 2018, 07:27:56 PM
I feel like Wagner may have lost interest in Giant round about the same time Rico was introduced: to a certain extent, Rico supplanted him as Dredd's 'heir'.

Quote from: Frank on 15 August, 2018, 07:56:23 PMWagner's interest in Rico lasted about as long as his interest in Giant. If he was still writing Dredd, he'd have got bored of Beeny by now, too.

That's pretty strange because both Giant and Beeny have an interesting, quite similar origin with a depth in the characterization. They are two great choices if you're planning on including multiple judges in the forefront of a story.   

Quote from: Frank on 15 August, 2018, 07:56:23 PMAnd the non-Wagners are more interested in their own not-Dredds (Gerhart, Joyce, Ghost Girl) than tidying-up Wagner's loose ends, so Rico, Giant & Beeny will probably just fade quietly into the background until some future hack needs an emotional impact for their big story or decides to stamp their mark on the strip by setting fire to the furniture.

I don't feel the need to fill in a blank spot with something new if fine source material already exists. Introduce a new antagonist on the other hand...
Error...