Main Menu

The controversial VW TV ad

Started by Adrian Bamforth, 05 February, 2005, 07:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Well it can't be a real advert as someone would expect their cars to actually hold an explosion and sue VW if it didn't ;)

Art

It won't? Well that's it, I'm buying one of those cars that turns into a robot instead...

NecroClown

The Mini Cooper (http://www.r50rd.co.uk/research/internal/v2i/engin/) or Citroen?

If only we were all dancing transformers...

Banners

You have to understand the context. If it was sanctioned by VW and their Agency, you'd be right to be worried. As it is, this was created by aspiring ad-makers and never meant for public consumption. And as such, you can condemn it (or otherwise) for and of itself, but not for being used to sell stuff cynically.

M@

Natsan

Well,I thought it was funny.
I also only want a car if it transforms into a dancing robot.

Art

Well, by the look of things those aspiring ad-makers  are going to be very successful. anything that triggers this much discussion is a brilliant portfolio peice.

House of Usher

Are we voting on it? I wasn't all that moved myself. I get the joke. It made me smirk. I'm not condemning anything.
STRIKE !!!

therev

HAHAHA!
Nice one.
Speaking as a member of the Golf Gti Club (I have a mint condition Mark II) I thought it was fecking funny...
;-)

therev

Can someone post the actual Eaddress?
I want to send it on to afew people!

LARF

Ah I didn't know it was a book piece that does make a difference I suppose.

I'm just a bit sensitive to something like this s'all.

:-)

Scottiepunk

Sorry, but I thought that was f***ing funny! I laughed out loud!

El Spurioso

The crew who made it have just been picked up by one of the larger ad companies.  Controversy sells, kids.

Max Kon

I think making fun of evil acts is funny, of human misfortune is not. As nobody dies in the ad it is just the first.