Main Menu

MCM Comic Con NEC Birmingham Nov 22-23

Started by Heath C Ackley, 23 November, 2014, 05:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heath C Ackley

I took the clan to our first con yesterday and had a great time. I saw the Judges outside and had a quick word with Judge Welsh. I would have liked to chat more but the guys were busy filming.
I had the opportunity to meet Martin Griffiths who had been the artist on my future shock The Mirror way back when. It was great to meet him and chat about the industry and our various projects. He did a quick Wonder Woman sketch for my dear Lady S.
Two fingers must be raised in anger to the idiot who swore at my son to get out of his way. Next time dickhead, don't put your baby in a bloody propose when you know the place is going to be crowded!
On the whole a good day and we're aiming to go the next one in spring.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Bubba Zebill

Swore at your son?...what gets in to people? Unreal.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Heath C Ackley

Yep you're right there Bubba. It isn't even as if the Lad' s a teenager, he's only bleedin' twelve! (By the way please replace 'propose' with 'papoose.' Damn you Kindle predictive text!!!)
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Rog69

I was there too along with my eight year old Daughter, who despite getting elbowed in the head and having her foot trodden on twice still managed to thoroughly enjoy herself, she was utterly thrilled to see Malfoy from the Harry Potter films.

I can't believe the one guy I saw pushing a baby buggy around, must have been a nightmare given how crowded it was. There were a good few people doing their bit to reinforce the stereotype of nerdy types having poor social skills and bad personnel hygiene too  :sick:.

I bumped into a bunch of judges on my way out who were collecting money for charity, I didn't really have time to chat but I wondered if it was anyone from round these parts?