Main Menu

Tharg is not the only fruit - other comics publishers to hassle

Started by Emperor, 26 August, 2009, 07:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

I think there is a thread for this in the creatice common bit...
DDT did a job on me

Alski

"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

We're still looking for writers and artists to grace the next issue of Massacre For Boys. Got some good stuff already lined up, but there's still a few slots to fill.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Alski on 15 May, 2012, 02:25:41 PM

I thought it might be useful to find out who on here is looking for stuff, and what they are looking for. I want do do more writing, personally, as it's challenging yet rewarding.

Although one of the Massacre For Boys fellows responded, this isn't generally going to get you many "gigs". Writing in particular is a crowded field, so publications aren't generally looking for them.

There are thousands of publications, however, so take the time and do some googling, website visiting, and reading (sample stories from a given publication as well as the writer's guidelines).

Although on this forum we see "calls to arms" now and then, generally publishers aren't going to be looking for writers...

Rorschachs_Journal

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 15 May, 2012, 08:33:58 PM
We're still looking for writers and artists to grace the next issue of Massacre For Boys. Got some good stuff already lined up, but there's still a few slots to fill.

What are the submission guidelines for you guys? Had a quick look at your site and blog but couldn't find anything.
"ANYBODY SEEN RITCHIE?!" - Steven Seagal, Out For Justice, 1991

Youtube comedy channel: www.youtube.com/user/bruceclap

strontium_dog_90

Sorry to necro-post, but thought that made more sense than creating another thread on the same topic  :)

A horror publisher I have a few stories in prose anthologies with is creating a new illustrated magazine and is on the lookout for artists and writers. This is the link here, with contact details:

http://nightmareillustrated.blogspot.co.uk/