Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Kerrin on 14 September, 2009, 12:16:51 AM
Ha, to be honest with you Odd, most of it's on this thread. I do these things as a bit of a giggle to try and work out how to use photoshop and the like.

I'm liking that character design more every time I see it - the floating nose is freakishly original! I'm wanting a whole strip with this guy!

Odd_Bloke

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 September, 2009, 09:43:02 PM
Quote from: Kerrin on 14 September, 2009, 12:16:51 AM
Ha, to be honest with you Odd, most of it's on this thread. I do these things as a bit of a giggle to try and work out how to use photoshop and the like.

I'm liking that character design more every time I see it - the floating nose is freakishly original! I'm wanting a whole strip with this guy!

Ditto.

Kerrin

Cheers lads, the idea (conceit) was that that is me, or as far as this forum is concerned, that is me, and I was going to do the character as various tooth favourites as I supposedly travel around the many 2000ad universes by means of my "DIMENSION TRIKE!". Jesus, I should probably have just kept that to myself.

A mini strip could be fun though, maybe the full unexpurgated story of my jimping weekend break in the Big Meg. I've still got to do some more work on the fatty tank as well.

Mike Gloady

Fatty tank and Dimension Trike?  Jimping holiday?

You're nuts, Kerrin.  I love it.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

uncle fester

The world needs more Fatty Tank. One sketch was not enough! Go to it, Kerrin!

Kerrin

I've done a couple of very basic layouts for a fatty tank one parter, but this comics lark isn't nearly as easy as some people make it look.

Jim's recent lettering masterclass (stickied at the top of creative common) is going to be a massive help when I get to that stage. Other advice freely given by the good folk of this board has given me the confidence to at least have a go at doing a multipage story (when I say multipage, possibly more than two).

It's great! ;D

I'm thinking I'll do the "adventures by dimension trike", (I'm not settled on a trike really, it's a bit too obvious) as a three panel strip and the fatty tank as pages.

I'm also going to have a play with google sketchup, (link here, to do some building layout and perspective because my attempts are looking decidedly wonky. I'll stick some stuff up here once I've got something half decent laid out, at the moment they're a bit shit.

johnnystress

My initial sketch for my entry in this months art comp

Dog Deever

I like that loose sketchy goodness Mr Stress. Is that done direct onto the computer, aye?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

johnnystress

cheers-yeah, I used Flash CS

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

So many good Flint-drawn characters to choose from.  Nice Dirty Frank there.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

uncle fester

This was going to be my art comp submission, but I got carried away colouring the other one... If anyone wants to nick it and finish/ink/clolour it, I've no objection, as I'm stuck for time on other things till beyond the deadline.

uncle fester

Quote from: uncle fester on 17 September, 2009, 01:32:38 PM
This was going to be my art comp submission, but I got carried away colouring the other one... If anyone wants to nick it and finish/ink/clolour it, I've no objection, as I'm stuck for time on other things till beyond the deadline.

That wasn't meant to sound smug!! Sorry, it doesn't read well on reflection  :-[

Emperor

I'm getting nothing there.

As mentioned in the art competition thread Blogspot isn't really set-up as an image hosting service and trying to hotlink to their images seems to give variable results. Click here:

http://picasaweb.google.com

If you are logged into your Google account it should show the images you've uploaded for your blog and it should give you better links to use for embedding images (as they are set-up as an image hosting service).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

Coo, looking at it on your blog that is a damn fine start. While it'd be interesting if someone finished it I'd love to see you return to it when you have less on your plate.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+