Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Scanned in and coloured in GIMP.
Yep - dead busy today...

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

mygrimmbrother

A selection of some of my recent 10 minute portraits:

For those that don't know I'm doing one of these a day for a whole year - up to day 170. If you'd like to look at the rest, the link is below  :)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 14 May, 2012, 08:41:53 PM
If you'd like to look at the rest, the link is below  :)

And as this small selection shows its well worth it, one of my favourite blogs... well aside from the fact that they are done in just 10 minutes which frankly is sickening, but then I'm the bitter, jealous type!

terrapin

Brilliant work Grim, great technique!

mygrimmbrother

markchilly

Some really nice work there Grimm.

Here's my first effort in Manga Studio, took about half hour, not really comfortable inking yet - the flow just doesn't feel right on the tablet to screen. Going to print this out and ink by hand. Anyone got any short cuts??

cheers

johnnystress

great stuff all around

Here's some work doodles

staticgirl

Damn good doodle all.

Markchilly - I'd just say 'persevere until it feels natural' because that doesn't look bad at all!

ghostpockets

Oodles of doodles. Pissing about with my new(ish) pocketbrush, still amazed at the variance in lineweight I can acheive with one tool. Ignore the quality of the scrawls, just focus on the crisp lines and ragged drybrush made by my favourite toy. Additional help from a friendly tippex pen.

ghostpockets

More of this crud...

Live long and brushpen.

Jon

These are great!

Brushpens are one of the very pinnacles of technology and human achievement, IMO.

ghostpockets

Cheers Jon :D

Quote from: Jon on 30 May, 2012, 09:23:09 AM
Brushpens are one of the very pinnacles of technology and human achievement, IMO.

I know right? I'd been in a bit of an art funk lately, but after having a bit of a play with the pocketbrush this weekend I literally can't stop doodling. This thing is so addictive it should come with a health warning.

Jon

Crap day at work, so I thought I'd try and design a S/D agent over lunch.

Meet Carly;

With six arms she should be a formidable offensive force; unfortunately her mutation didn't also grant her sufficient co-ordination to properly control her limbs.

Tends to complete contracts more by luck than judgement, and with a surfeit of collateral damage.

Has difficulty sustaining partnerships.

Van Dom

Jon, can I just be the first to say ....AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOMMMMMEEEE!!!

Also, Ghostpockets - have missed you around here buddy, could to see you blasting back with something as cool as that!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Woolly

Jon, the prog beckons...  :o

This is a current early sketch of Drake Tempest, a demon-hunting character i'm currently attempting to co-write a comic for.