Main Menu

What happen to the new dredd movie ?

Started by Disate, 21 August, 2009, 06:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

when is the new movie going into production  ?

?
6 (26.1%)
??
17 (73.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

planetoid

Have you heard the link, John?*

What do you reckon? He sounds like Dredd.

*I mean Garageman, sorry, my mistake.  ;) You do a great impression of Wagner, though.

Mike Gloady

At no point have you engaged with the salient point Jim made. 

Go to D'Israeli's article.  Post about THAT.

I've looked at your photo and the movie trailer, I'm not convinced but I see what you mean.  I can disagree and browbeating me with more "evidence" won't help.  It's an opinion, unlike the D'Israeli article which is a collection of actual evidence regarding how MC1's been depicted. 

I've no idea if you ARE the troll, Jim thinks you are - I've not been active enough long enough to remember the last outbreak.  He's a reasonable guy so I've no reason to doubt his sincerity.  To continue like this just gives more credence to Jim's position. 

Discard the Mathew Fox obsession, look at the blog and see if you can't see what we mean rather than ignoring it.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

planetoid

QuoteAt no point have you engaged with the salient point Jim made.

I think I did.  :D

QuoteDiscard the Mathew Fox obsession

If Rebellion want a decent Dredd - Fox looks and sounds like Dredd. I'm sure there are many actors out there with a decent look and voice so budget permitting they'll have a good selection of choices. Someone like Fox has a reasonably high profile without being a big 'star' so that would be a big plus point. A total unknown might make the film a harder sell from the investors' point of view and in terms of getting the public to see it. Casting an actor like Fox might attract investment. Lost star is the new Dredd.

Would seem a good way to promote the film.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 04 September, 2009, 01:06:16 PM

Go to D'Israeli's article.  Post about THAT.

He won't, because he can't. He can't countenance an alternative viewpoint, never mind one that actually disproves his own stated position. If he doesn't look at it, and changes the subject, then in his head, he's still right.

Sigh ...

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

planetoid

Ladies, gentlemen and any gender-confused people in-between, may I present to you....

Matthew Fox as Judge Dredd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6LdKTwv36c

Coming to a cinema near you in 2012.  :)

I tell you, if this guy can do the same Speed Racer voice when acting as Dredd, he is the perfect candidate. Ideal chin/jawline, great voice.  ;) Now we just need a decent screenplay... hmm....  :D

Mike Gloady

You're right Jim, I gave him a chance because I always try to be moderate.  Troll.

mogzilla

Quote from: Odd_Bloke on 01 September, 2009, 11:46:30 PM
Quote from: Mike Gloady on 01 September, 2009, 11:11:32 PM
Why don't Rebellion merge with Disney?

That would be an awesome art competition.

"judge tigger" prog whatever wheres button man when you need him?

Disate

Quote from: mogzilla on 06 September, 2009, 01:24:44 AM
Quote from: Odd_Bloke on 01 September, 2009, 11:46:30 PM
Quote from: Mike Gloady on 01 September, 2009, 11:11:32 PM
Why don't Rebellion merge with Disney?

That would be an awesome art competition.

Cause Disney seeks to conquer , not to combine for reasons of art .  Really bad idea.

Mike Gloady

Disate, I thought it was clear I was joking on that one, chum.

Misanthrope

Quote from: planetoid on 04 September, 2009, 01:29:00 PM
Now we just need a decent screenplay... hmm....  :D

That is you out of the running then.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Odd_Bloke

So long as they get the artist for the original books, not the crappy Disney versions, this would be awesome.

Everything involving pre-Disney WtP is awesome.

Disate

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 07 September, 2009, 09:12:15 AM
Disate, I thought it was clear I was joking on that one, chum.

My BAD !!! sorry !!! how ever the judge dredd film is made , I know that mega -city must play pivotal role in it.   For the mege-cities are truly characters in Dredd`s world .

As I scan through the dredd art .  It`s almost always there . it would be wrong to leave in the back ground.

WadesWiddleYellowBoxes

Mate of mine told me there was a snippet in SFX magazine a while back which was championing Josh Duhamel for the gig.
Has to be a wind up!

mogzilla

Quote from: Odd_Bloke on 07 September, 2009, 11:53:16 AM

So long as they get the artist for the original books, not the crappy Disney versions, this would be awesome.

Everything involving pre-Disney WtP is awesome.

actually "judge tigger "is a reference to a bit of art i did in the airing cupboard in my daughters nursery wich i sent in and was kindly printed by old green chops....just cant remember wich prog and cant be arsed digging it out of the attic! :)