Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: JamesC on 20 July, 2014, 12:17:48 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 July, 2014, 12:09:55 PM
It knows EVERYTHING. http://en.akinator.com/

I almost killed it with Johnny Alpha. The first time it guessed Barry Trotter and when I said it was wrong and tried to continue it crashed.
I tried again and after one wrong guess of Ben Hope it finally got there with Johnny.

It amazingly got Rogue Trooper.

When I chose Nikolai Dante I thought it might actually get him when the last two questions were "does he have a beard?" and "is he Russian?"

Then it accused me of being 'a smart guy who answers randomly"!

Then it continued, but still didn't get it.

I'm not surprised that it didn't get Dante as he is not a well known character, but those two last questions the first time. Quite a coincidence.

Theblazeuk

27 questions to get Blossom from Powerpuff girls; 33 to get Geralt from The Witcher.

Impressive! Though it did throw Old Boy at me before choosing Geralt which was a little unexpected.

Proudhuff

Dear God, I'm agreed in a drunken tizzy to go to NornIron...wtf have I done!! :o
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

I've just been through my spam folder and added up what the UN, Nigeria, Bank of America, ATM, Euromillions and "Unknown" owe me. Looks like I've got sixty eight point five million dollars coming to me all together.

Seems legit.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

I'll send you all the contacts from my spam folder and you can spend the lot on bitcoins and meeting exciting Russian women.

The Legendary Shark

Think I'll pass on the Bitcoins...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

And I on the Russian women.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

In Soviet Russia women pass on you.

Bolt-01

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Bolt-01
link=topic=36237.msg983640#msg983640
date=1525264333

Congratulations to Heath Ackley!

Seconded!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

I've been fascinated by this alleged "Mandela Effect" ever since Jim pointed out the fifth Young One, the existence of whom is right there - and obviously so - on my dvds.

Of course, it's entirely possible that she was there all along and that I simply failed to notice her. Perhaps it's just my own refusal to believe that I could have been so blissfully unobservant for so very long that makes me want to consider the possibility that it's reality going wrong rather than my memory.

However, I've recently noticed another detail that has me semi-baffled. This one has to do with punctuation, of all things.

I was taught at school that the word "and" negates the need for a comma. For example, "I have a Prog, a Megazine and a floppy to read" was how I'd always write that sentence. However, I have recently noticed, in books old and new, that this sentence structure now seems to be, "I have a Prog, a Megazine, and a floppy to read." There is now a comma and an and.

I spoke to an old friend about this, a man who was in the same English class as me at school and he also remembers being taught that the word "and" in a list negates the need for a final comma. I suppose that Mr Occam would explain that our English teachers were simply wrong, or teaching us a form that was only briefly in vogue, or that we are both misremembering, or that as an writist I find it difficult to accept that I could have been wrong about such a fundamental (if otherwise entirely trivial) detail. The idea that reality has somehow changed seems rather outlandish but, still, it does have a certain "more things in Heaven and Earth" appeal - especially to a sci-fi fan.

Anyone else having similar experiences? Are we all simply susceptible to false memories or is the Matrix glitching? Either way, I find this to be a fascinating aspect of reality.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

I, Cosh

You have discovered the Oxford comma. It's not a new thing. Nor is arguing about its usefulness.
We never really die.