Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Plenty in Smiths in Cardiff. I bought 2 and left them on colleagues desks

IronGraham

got issue one now subscribed the craftsmanship on it is superb
We're werewolves not swearwolves

SmallBlueThing

Hastings whs has received 25 copies,  and had sold ten or so when I was in there at midday.  In fact I was in a queue in which I and two others were clutching the prog and they were armed with the Mega Collection  as well.  I'd not had that experience since the early eighties!

Interestingly,  I was told they got 30 "build a Millennium Falcon' #1s but now only get seven.  The "Do Some Knitting" partwork,  out this week,  swamped the shop with 250 copies! 

My local newsie had two Mega Collections out on sale.

SBT

Dandontdare

Tales of Snotty Forbidden Planet Staff #345:
Picked up the Howard the Duck volume of the Marvel/Hachette partwork yesterday. At the counter I asked if they had the first volume of the Judge Dredd partwork from the same publisher, to which I got a sneer and the condescending explanation that this was unlikely because Marvel don't publish Judge Dredd. I patiently explained what I meant by 'publisher' at which the tack changed and said they "hadn't been offered that" as if it were beneath them.

Seriously, is the attitude part of the training with that chain?

So I bough it in Smiths.

Goosegash

Didn't see any sign of this in WH Smiths Luton today. They also seem to've stopped carrying the weekly as well(although the Megazine was still there).  :'(

Skullmo

I'm still collecting Discovery - not seen it in the shops for ages . . .
It's a joke. I was joking.

Zenith 666

Picked up mine today and a couple for a few mates.The quality is just fantastic.I was sold before I picked up first copy.Whos idea was this was it Rebellion or Hachette.Stellar work on from both sides.looking forward to reading this after football later.

dweezil2

Nice to see it in WHSmiths Ashford, KENT today, when picking up my Meg and 2000AD!   :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

TordelBack

Plenty in the Tallaght Easons, for those of a SW Dublin bent.

And what a production it is. I was wondering what I might be doing with yet another reprint of America, but this is a terrific upgrade.  I'll certainly get the next two, and see where we go from there. I could definitely use an Origins collection in this format but another Shamballa would depend on whether the extras are as good as in this first one, and the price tag is going to be impossible to justify for more than an occasional dip.  Luckily I'm not fussed by the subscriber freebies.

One very minor gripe, I thought the poster was going to be the next nice Dredd-contemplates-the-city on the outside, instead of the recent Bolland Meg cover. It's nice, but I had reserved a spot for the cityscape over my desk!

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

JOE SOAP

List of stockists:

Independent

WHS High Street

Martin McColl Group

Co-Op Group

One Stop Group

Eason & Son Group

WHS Travel

Morrisons

Tesco Ireland

TordelBack

Cor, Tesco Ireland is a bit of a coup. Never seen Tharg's verdant visage in there before.

JOE SOAP

Echidna

My nearest WH Smiths had only two copies left by the time I got there. I was delighted to discover my local Co-op has it too - if it hasn't sold out by the weekend I'll grab a copy for a friend, mainly because I want them to keep stocking it!

Grey M@a

Picked a copy up at WHSmiths this evening in Newcastle, they had 5 left right by the tills just before they shut this evening if that helps anyone.