Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

I really really hope that PJ Maybe's in the collection somewhere, I know there are new PJ stories which I don't have in the GN and he's one of my favourite characters.
Intrepid Book Correspondent for GeekPlanetOnline and comic reviewer for Sidekickcast

@bookiesnacksize on the Twitter

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Boo on 07 February, 2015, 03:11:21 PM
I really really hope that PJ Maybe's in the collection somewhere, I know there are new PJ stories which I don't have in the GN and he's one of my favourite characters.

Oh yeah! Got to be on the cards. We need a PJ book that goes up to the end of The Gingerbread Man.
@jamesfeistdraws

ZenArcade

With that Liam Sharp art work, it's gotta be high up the list. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

robert_ellis

I've put mug/cup on eBay - hope it finds a more appreciative owner! I'm committed to finding space for these 80 volumes - I'lol keep the bookends but not the rest

Skullmo

A bit disappointed that 4 posts have passed and no one has pointed out that they have not yet received their issue 1/2/3 etc.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Boo

Quote from: Skullmo on 08 February, 2015, 12:48:11 AM
A bit disappointed that 4 posts have passed and no one has pointed out that they have not yet received their issue 1/2/3 etc.

Why? I mean I haven't received mine yet, but I only subscribed a week ago and it's very clear that it can take up to a month for them to arrive.
Intrepid Book Correspondent for GeekPlanetOnline and comic reviewer for Sidekickcast

TordelBack

Oh internet you tricksy medium you, will you ever learn to reliably communicate sarcasm?

Boo

Quote from: Professor Cardigan on 08 February, 2015, 10:28:06 AM
Oh internet you tricksy medium you, will you ever learn to reliably communicate sarcasm?

Ha! In my defence, I'm only on my first cuppa...

IndigoPrime

Don't venture on to the Facebook channel. That's packed full of the most entitled cry-babies I've seen in a long time. So many people cancelling subs left, right and centre because they didn't get their book at the same time as some other people or before it hit the stores. Never mind that it's been pointed out books are mailed in pairs (and so you'll be ahead with odd numbers but not even ones); never mind that partworks almost always work this way; never mind that you're getting chunky hardback books mailed to you for free. Oh, and apparently when someone pastes in the same response to 50 people moaning about the same thing, they are a "robot". I despair.

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 February, 2015, 10:57:08 AM
That's packed full of the most entitled cry-babies I've seen in a long time.

You have to wonder what's happened to people that so many of us think that way.  It's the same whinefest with eBay sales, regardless of what you put in your description or follow-up communication, there's always someone who files a complaint because they haven't received their €2 item in their log cabin in the Poconos 24 hours after the auction ends.

You're getting cool stuff that most of us could hardly ever have imagined existing a decade ago delivered to your door for feck all.  Have a little patience with the miracle!

Bat King

Entitlement is one of the worst aspects of Fandom...

I am dying to get my hands on the Apocalypse WAr book, cup n badge. But I hold that in...

And no, having preview Pdfs doesn't ease my pain. I haven't even opened the Origins Pdf yet... Not sure I can cope with reading that THEN waiting for a delivery... (but obviously I'll do it, I'll do a Preview of it n everything).

I think there are legs in an article about Fan Entitlement issues.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ZenArcade

These instances pointed out on the thread are symptoms of that hateful, but widespread modern malaise: the inability to defer gratification. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Mmmm.  Ive thrown in my lot with two kickstarters: the Mongoose Dredd miniatures one, which has been dribbling miniature goodness through my letterbox every couple of months for two years now (most recently: a brace of Assassinators and judges with a Stub Gun and a Lazooka!), and the second Reaper Bones outing, which by my count is now 5 months beyond its target date and I haven't got so much as a used sprue so far.  The online whining is deafening.  But I love it. What a treat for the joy of tat-acquisition to be teased out in this fashion!  It's been so long now since I spent the money that I can't even remember how much it was, and yet still the presents come!  Obviously if it was a transplant organ or an unpaid invoice I was waiting on I'd be spitting nails, but for childish indulgences it just prolongs the experience.

Woe to those who don't appreciate the extended foreplay of missed delivery dates: punctuality and deadlines are for work, not pleasure!

TordelBack

Aaand I've just laid hands on Vol 24.  Corr it ain't half gorgeous - MacNeil in particular is on fire, giving Mechanismo a huge solid presence on his bright spacious pages, but Doherty's art is also some of his very best, great storytelling with a muted shadowy palette.  Manuel Benet's turn at the wheel does stand out somewhat, but  you know it's really not half bad - just very markedly different.  The sudden shift from Benet to the soothing familiar ground of Blythe-coloured Robinson in the backup tale S.A.M.s only serves to emphasise this contrast. Still to dive into teh MacNeil interview, but Matt's intro shows he has a complete understanding of and appreciation for the material he is shepherding.     

And oh boy, what a fantastic cover.

Mattofthespurs

Im looking forward to seeing it this week.

Or next...I'm not bothered...  ;)