Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: VinceBot on 23 July, 2009, 04:33:37 PM
I can only see the tip of a helmet when my Firefox is full screen,

Leave those websites alone, you'll go blind, and concentrate on this one!  ;D

VinceBot

I can only see the tip of a helmet when my Firefox is full screen,

Sounds like you need to unzip your archive so you can see the full package m i rite

Jim_Campbell

The layout of "Messages" part of this site is FUBARed in Safari, with the header appearing as it should, then everything below shunted right by the width of the header ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: peterwolf on 23 July, 2009, 02:04:02 AM
Why cant i cut and past and insert quotes from someone elses post into mine ?

The method you're using doesn't work on these forums. I think everyone else is just inserting the quote they're after (the whole post) and then deleting the portion of the quote they have no need for.

We don't have any plans to add the select-and-quote feature as it's technically still possible to achieve the same goal with a tiny bit more effort.

Thanks for answering my question.

I just sussed out or discovered accidentally how to delete a block of text that i have just cut and pasted just leaving the part of the post that i am replying to.

I am on an up to date Mac.

I cut and paste an entire block of text using the 'insert quote' feature so it appears in my reply box.Then i move the cursor over the text that i dont want so it appears blue and use the 'delete' key on my keypad and it instantly deletes the text i dont want and leaves what i do want.

Amazing !  ;D

Everyone else probably already knows this already but i didnt as i am a bit of a dunce with technology a lot of the time .Indeed this does achieve the same result as a 'select and quote' feature and it takes a second or 2 longer.

Now i understand your logic and really it was just me being ignorant.

Problem solved !
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

First time I changed my Avatar picture since I had signed up.

I used the Spore U.F.O. Creator to design/make it,

As you see. It's only a bust of me and the resembalance is superficial, close enought for the tiem beingas it's the first time I have attempted a likeness of myself using Spore.

I don't look quite so robust, my face is narrower than that, My hair it is bit thinner on top and is not so neat looking, but thats basically me.

I have a short thick beard and neck length hair that is thicker around the sides than it is on top.

While this doesn't look exactly like me, it's more accurate than my former avatar picture.

I know it looks silly as a U.F.O., particually when it's flying. But I only intended this to made as my Avater picture here on this forum.

See it on the right hand side column.

VinceBot

Quote from: peterwolf on 23 July, 2009, 11:15:04 PM
Problem solved !

I like you. You can stay.

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 24 July, 2009, 10:13:19 AM

For a moment I was worried George Lucas had found the internet and was coming to destroy us in his intergalactic space bust.

Kerrin

Are the PMs working? I've been trying to send one but it doesn't appear to be successful.

VinceBot

They worked for myself and w3bz when we tested them a few days ago. I'll send you one as a test.
It might be whoever you sent it to is just ignoring you, or hasn't had a chance to read it yet, or noticed they have a PM.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: VinceBot on 24 July, 2009, 02:52:47 PM
Quote from: peterwolf on 23 July, 2009, 11:15:04 PM
Problem solved !

I like you. You can stay.

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 24 July, 2009, 10:13:19 AM

For a moment I was worried George Lucas had found the internet and was coming to destroy us in his intergalactic space bust.

You should stay as well because i really like your humor.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

Quote from: VinceBot on 25 July, 2009, 02:07:50 PM
They worked for myself and w3bz when we tested them a few days ago. I'll send you one as a test.
It might be whoever you sent it to is just ignoring you, or hasn't had a chance to read it yet, or noticed they have a PM.

Yep that worked Vince. I just wondered because I sent a PM, ticked the 'save a copy in outbox' box and got nothing. Do the names in the addressee box always have quotation marks?

VinceBot

Looks like it - it's probably how the software differentiates between names, as names can have spaces.

Kerrin

My original PM did work apparently Vince, just being a bit technically challenged I think. Nothing new there.

VinceBot

Alright, most issues seem to have been sorted out and this thread has gotten a bit overloaded.

Please direct all future concerns to either:
The Bug Report Thread
or
The Feature Requests Thread

Thanks, and have a safe and productive day.