Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Finally saw Def Leppard last night! The first band I ever loved (been into them since I was about 5 or something, so 30 years-ish?!) so it was a bit special and very exciting indeed.

It was a co-headliner with Whitesnake, but Scotrail totally screwed me on my commute so we only caught about 5 minutes of them.

Jacqusie

Just booked to see old George, the Blues man himself, Buddy Guy in London this summer. I've been longing for him to come over to the UK to gig and at 79 years old, he's doing one show to tour his new album...

... I am just a little bit excited... Brian Wilsons touring this year too, tickets tomorrow!

:)

CrazyFoxMachine

Buddy Guy is bloody phenomenal live :D

Hawkmumbler

Goblin in May at Gorilla in Manchester!  :D

Colin YNWA

jUst done something very impulsive and bought two tickets to see Neil Young in Leeds without knowing if I can make the date, or who, if anyone will come with me cos I've never seen Neil Young and he's one of three acts that's the case for that I really want to see and I'm not sure how many more chances I'll get and I always seem to miss out on tickets when I try to organise before buying!

Its quite exhilerating and potentially very daft!

Leigh S

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 February, 2016, 09:41:36 PM
jUst done something very impulsive and bought two tickets to see Neil Young in Leeds without knowing if I can make the date, or who, if anyone will come with me cos I've never seen Neil Young and he's one of three acts that's the case for that I really want to see and I'm not sure how many more chances I'll get and I always seem to miss out on tickets when I try to organise before buying!

If he is half as good as when we saw him in Liverpool a year or two back, it will not be daft!

Colin YNWA

It will be if I can't make it!

Keef Monkey

Just booked tickets for Puscifer in Manchester in May! Been a while since I've seen Maynard live and have never seen Carina Round live in person (swoon). Shame there's no Glasgow gig but we've got friends in Manchester so will be able to squeeze in a visit to them too. Road trip!

Also got probably my 700th Therapy? gig next week, playing Infernal Love from start to finish which will be lovely. First time I ever saw them was on the Infernal Love tour so will be pretty nostalgic!

I, Cosh

So who are the other two? And who's he touring with? I'm sure it will be a grand day out regardless but I saw him with Crazy Horse a couple of years ago and there were quite a few people in the crowd clearly bemused at the lack of gentle Harvest Moon type stuff.

A few coming up for me next month: Public Service Broadcasting, Bo Ningen supporting Savages and Saul Williams.

More excitingly, after several years of rumination, I've finally bought tickets for this year's Primavera Sound festival in Barcelona. Bardo Pond (finally), AR Kane (extraordinarily) and Jenny Hval (provocatively) look to be the early standouts from a cast of thousands.

Might also go and see old jazz dude Peter Brotzmann next Monday for the sole reason that the once had a Glasgow gig closed down by the police because it was too loud.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 February, 2016, 10:41:23 AM

So who are the other two? And who's he touring with? I'm sure it will be a grand day out regardless but I saw him with Crazy Horse a couple of years ago and there were quite a few people in the crowd clearly bemused at the lack of gentle Harvest Moon type stuff.

Well its funny you should ask that as I've mentioned that here and to a couple of friends and its occured to me that, yeah sure Tom Waits has always been there but for the life of me I can't think who the third is. Its always been in my head that I have three, Neil Young, Tom Waits and...

Now I fear the third might be Bruce S BUT I'm not sure if I could actually handle 3 hours of Bruce S anymore, for years I've always wanted to see him as I was a massive fan as a kid. Now I think it might be just a thing that got stuck in my head.

Oh I'm a Crazy Horse type person and I'll be disappointed if its not lacking in quiet Harvest Moon type stuff. I WANT WELD, I want 'Hurricane' to wig out on feedback for 20 minutes. Alas its with 'Promise of the Real' and I'm not quite sure what type of set that means as I know nowt about them.

If I get the quieter acoustic numbers so be it.

Very jealous about Primavera, when I was young and energetic always wanted to do one of the Barcelona festivals

Colin YNWA

Having had a very quick neb at some reviews sounds like it might be an interesting mix of the two.

Must check out the new(ish) album...

CrazyFoxMachine

Not a gig, but for those interested in this particular type of music check out the phenomenal (although occasionally misspelled) line-up on this club night poster. Heading to this tonight  :o

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

flip-r mk2

On the train to see The Cult at Glasgow barrowlands, back through tomorrow for The Stranglers at the O2 academy :)

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Keef Monkey

Just booked tickets for Clint Mansell at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, playing his film scores. Should be a great night. Also got Chris Cornell acoustic fairly soon in the same venue, that'll be cracking.