Main Menu

If Superheros Were Fat

Started by NikolaiDante, 27 November, 2013, 03:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikolaiDante

Hi Guys, long time no hear.

Just thought I'd let you know about a little microsite we've done for a client who sells Diet Supplements. It asks the question as in the title and shows 5 well known Superheroes getting fat on chips!

Check it out here :

If you like it, share it!
Support FUTUREQUAKE - it makes sense

radiator

Erm, aren't DC and Marvel likely to sue the arse off you for using their characters in a promotional site?

Banners

Did you get permission?

(edit - oops, Radiator beat me to it).

CrazyFoxMachine

Richmond Clements

QuoteDisclaimer: DesirableBody and this information is in no way affiliated with Marvel Studios, DC Entertainment, DC Comics or any of the characters included here. We do not accept responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy of this information - we've never had a superhero over for dinner.

Not sure this covers it..!

radiator

Yeah, sorry - it seems like you have a pretty naive approach to copyright infringement there. Smallprint or no, using their characters without permission - especially in the context of an advertisement - is likely to get you in legal hot water.

If I were you I'd advise your client to pull the site, and put it back up only once you have replaced the characters with generic equivalents.

Spikes

That smallprint really is small....

The Enigmatic Dr X

I hope they've paid you already.
Lock up your spoons!

Steve Green

Do the Jolly Green Giant getting fat on McDonalds.

Dandontdare

change it to caricatures of dead celebrities - Fat Marilyn won't sue.

Fat Jesus however will get you in all kinds of different trouble!

IndigoPrime

In the US, you might have had some means of defence through parody exceptions/exemptions (although that's unlikely), but the UK has no such laws, baring criticism/reporting and/or the rights-infringing aspect of the work not being substantial. So, yeah, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

locustsofdeath!

I think it's pretty funny, though. Like a "what if superheroes looked like their fans" type of thing.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Fragminion

IntotheRealm

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 29 November, 2013, 08:07:46 PM
I think it's pretty funny, though. Like a "what if superheroes looked like their fans" type of thing.

I do think  :lol: