Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

Sad to hear that, Zarj.  Onwards and upwards - maybe treat it as a learning experience.  

I used to write a collumn for the student paper at uni and found getting someone else to proof-read so invaluble I ended up doing that for my essays too.  I know that's sort of the wrong way round, but it's a great strategy so who cares how I happened across it?  I'm sure someone here would be willing next time?

Regarding my own recent troubles, funeral over, eulogy delivered and my brother and I feel we did mum (and my long-departed dad) proud.  Thanks again to all of you and I reckon it's time to get on with the next chapter.

No, not a godawful reality show following me about.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Zarjazzer

Thanks Mike, but your problems certainly put my moaning into perspective!

Your stoicism and humanity through it all is the real lesson. All the best to you and your family in the next chapter.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Banners

Having designed a 12 page brochure for free in aid of a supposedly worthy cause, the organisation are now playing us off against other printers. On one hand I can understand a little haggling but it strikes me as a little rude on their part, especially as the differential is minimal - there is surely a degree of goodwill to be sought in dealings of this nature.

Of course, if they go elsewhere to get it printed, there's not much I can do to stop them. But it means they probably don't realise that the PDFs I've been sending are only at 72dpi. Heh.

M@

TordelBack

QuoteOn one hand I can understand a little haggling but it strikes me as a little rude on their part, especially as the differential is minimal - there is surely a degree of goodwill to be sought in dealings of this nature.

I've been involved with a charity for some years, and watched a new manager systematically alienate all the local print businesses who used to do massively discounted work, through exactly those shenanigans.    We used to be able to get free banners, free inserts, free layout on small jobs, precisely because we were a well-liked charity with regular orders. Not any more -one family firm is even suing over non-payment for changes to an order.  Should have come as no surprise that the same manager turned out to be a total wanker to the staff and volunteers too.

SuperSurfer

Oh dear. Nothing worse than a new manager making an impact, 'hitting the ground running.' So many of them join organisations and willingly destroy decent working relationships within, as well as with suppliers. If something isn't broken, break it and then fix it.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 15 October, 2009, 07:15:23 PM
Oh dear. Nothing worse than a new manager making an impact, 'hitting the ground running.' So many of them join organisations and willingly destroy decent working relationships within, as well as with suppliers. If something isn't broken, break it and then fix it.

If something isnt broken,break it and then fail to fix it properly.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Pete Wells

This fucking month:

The Dishwasher broke;
The Washing Machine has broken;
My fucking Xbox has broken (sob!);
The Missus' car has broken;
Our internet has slowed down to a crawl for some reason;
We've all had pig flu.

Bastards, bastards, bastards - I am so fucking skint it's not funny.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Pete Wells on 18 October, 2009, 04:51:09 PM
This fucking month:

The Dishwasher broke;

What's wrong with the wife ;)

TordelBack

On the bright side, you've got the makings of a decent Muddy Waters track there.

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: Pete Wells on 18 October, 2009, 04:51:09 PM
This fucking month:

The Dishwasher broke;
My fucking Xbox has broken (sob!);
The Missus' car has broken;
Our internet has slowed down to a crawl for some reason;
We've all had pig flu.

Bastards, bastards, bastards - I am so fucking skint it's not funny.

You forgot to mention "Godpleton went on holiday for a whole week."

Rivers Cuomo has really lost it.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

Next time Godpleton goes on holiday he should announce it, so we appreciate him all the more when he comes back. 

I still think he was ROBBED of the victory in the last short story collection.   ;D
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

I'm up Shit Creek, basically.  :-X
STRIKE !!!

Banners

Quote from: House of UsherI'm up Shit Creek, basically.  :-X

Jeez, that's no fun. A collective board group hug is surely forthcoming ;-)

Take it easy,

M@

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 23 October, 2009, 12:42:41 PM
I'm up Shit Creek, basically.  :-X

But you have a paddle, right?

Sorry to hear that HoU, work situation crapping in your porridge again?

locustsofdeath!

Aye Usher, hope all works out. Shit creek is no fun, whatever the cause.

Rather than a group hug, perhaps a life jacket might be more appropriate?