Main Menu

I am the god of drawing, enjoy

Started by traviswellman, 23 July, 2010, 07:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Well done. Copying, early on, is good practice.
"Trust we"

traviswellman

copying?! What the hell are you on about you jealous little thing.

Richmond Clements

Heh.
No offence, but accusing an artist with the ability of Dunk of being jealous of you is rather funny.

traviswellman

And accusing an artist of copying without evidence is just the worst insult. An artist that doesn't have any originality is about as useful as a car with no wheels. And at a professional level it could be considered libellous. I'd like to see some evidence. Even if that one there is a bit like the thing. But I added to it. It's the resident evil version of multi handed on the same arm Minotaur I was drawing so they could have swords and a bow.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: traviswellman on 30 July, 2010, 03:16:48 PM
An artist that doesn't have any originality discipline or facility for self-criticism is about as useful as a car with no wheels.[/b]

Fixed that for you.

QuoteAnd at a professional level it could be considered libellous.

Son, you need to chill the fuck out.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

radiator

Am I the only one who gets a bit irritated when randoms just barge in and start a thread and fill it with their (non-2000ad related) artwork?

We have a thread where we can share our work - it is here:

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,27612.465/topicseen.html

Doing it this way comes across as a little arrogant and is borderline spamming, in my opinion.

Richmond Clements

QuoteAm I the only one who gets a bit irritated when randoms just barge in and start a thread and fill it with their (non-2000ad related) artwork?

It all depends.
Depends if they're friendly, warm and open to constructive critisim from other, professional I might add, artists on the boards.

Dog Deever

2000ad-related art would probably be received more favourably on this board than non-2000ad stuff.
Personally, I have no real love for manga-style art, but I appreciate that others do.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

traviswellman

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 July, 2010, 03:44:08 PM
QuoteAm I the only one who gets a bit irritated when randoms just barge in and start a thread and fill it with their (non-2000ad related) artwork?

It all depends.
Depends if they're friendly, warm and open to constructive critisim from other, professional I might add, artists on the boards.

constructive criticism like this?

Son, you need to chill the fuck out.

Cheers

Jim

Please. Keep that advice

If 2000 ad isn't the place to get away from constant never ending super hero books where new ideas are tried out then I don't what it's for.

Dunk!

You got me, Travis Wellman.

I am jealous.

Jealous of your youth and sparkling personality, though time, and therefore experience, will take care of both

And given time you may be a really good artist.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Dog Deever

If yer looking to disagree with every thing anyone says, then you'll just end up with people not bothering with your posts.

There are artists and writers already here aplenty who post stuff up to the admiration of us all, who behave with gratitude and humility for any feedback they get. It's far easier to look at their work and not have to put up with defensiveness and 'I'm right, you're wrong' posts.

If you won't accept feedback, you likely stop getting any- it's a simple formula. We're a laid back bunch who can't be arsed with 'teh-internut flame-wars' that go on elsewhere (most of the time).

Sure, some folks are having a mild stir at ye, but understandable due to your reactions; it's the internet, man- burning angry ants with a magnifying glass is vaguely amusing for a short while.

Have a look through the 'HOT DANG DOODLE' thread,the Does my art look big in this?' thread and the Dredd Head thread etc in the Creative Common section for a bit. Maybe even have a go at adding to them.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: traviswellman on 30 July, 2010, 04:32:33 PM
Please. Keep that advice

It's excellent and constructive advice. You've a gob on you and a bad attitude -- you're pulling the same shite on Millarworld, where you already seem to be noted for it. There are a LOT of professional comic creators on this board, including me.

Now, I may only be a humble letterer, but occasionally I do have conversations with editors. Imagine one where they say "Damn, the artist on this book has just dropped out on me and my go-to guy is on holiday. Any ideas?"

A recommendation to an editor from someone already working in the industry is worth a lot, but do you really think anyone's going to recommend you when you come across as an argumentative gobshite, even if your work was ready for the big time, which it ain't?

Being professional is about more than just the standard of your drawing.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

Heh, seems you've been droidslapped, protodroidslapped and squaxxslapped all in the same thread. Quite an achievement! I'm not going to sharkslap you though, because I'm a w*nker and I'm standing by on the 'phone with bitchslappedlawyers4us.com

Ott with the slapping motif?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Ryan Thomason

I really can't decide if Young Master Wellman is actually a troll or if he just has some kind of psychotic shrew in his ancestry?

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+