Main Menu

yoincks! followed closely by bah!

Started by judgefloyd, 20 April, 2013, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rog69

Quote from: radiator on 06 September, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
Brand new 2K remaster of Withnail & I in a luxurious Blu-ray box set from Arrow films? I'll have some o' that......

£50?!!?!!?  :o

And with 4 variant covers to collect too!

Zavvi have it for a tenner off at the moment, still a lot of cash for a Blu-ray though.

radiator

Hmm, yeah. I think £35 would be my absolute limit. The book does look nice!

TordelBack

Yoincks!  Hurrah, finally finished for the weekend!
Bah!  Back on tomorrow evening!

This working-for-a-living business is a mug's game.  Next time out I'm going to tick 'Independently Wealthy'.

Hawkmumbler

Brand new 2K remaster of Withnail & I in a luxurious Blu-ray box set from Arrow films? I'll have some o' that......

I love Arrow to bits, but what are they thinking?!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Killer Hawk Queen on 07 September, 2014, 06:44:35 PM

In fairness to Arrow; it's a limited edition of two films -How to Get Ahead in Advertising is included- remastered from original film elements, a ton of licensed historical and newly commissioned extras, and a 200 page hardback book*. It would cost a lot for Arrow to produce this -in the same way the complete Zenith likely wasn't cheap for Rebellion- and sell in a limited quantity that will return profit. The price seems about right considering the effort. I'm sure a vanilla version is to follow of just Withnail & I.

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/withnail-and-i-limited-edition/

*and this: "Available in 4 x 250 Numbered and Personalised copies (choose your favourite of four artworks as well as a name to be featured on the back and one of fifteen favourite quotes for a truly unique and personal edition!)"

dweezil2

Would be great to see How To Get Ahead In Advertising again-haven't seen it in an age!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

radiator

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 September, 2014, 07:30:33 PM

Quote from: Killer Hawk Queen on 07 September, 2014, 06:44:35 PM

In fairness to Arrow; it's a limited edition of two films -How to Get Ahead in Advertising is included- remastered from original film elements, a ton of licensed historical and newly commissioned extras, and a 200 page hardback book*. It would cost a lot for Arrow to produce this -in the same way the complete Zenith likely wasn't cheap for Rebellion- and sell in a limited quantity that will return profit. The price seems about right considering the effort. I'm sure a vanilla version is to follow of just Withnail & I.

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/withnail-and-i-limited-edition/

*and this: "Available in 4 x 250 Numbered and Personalised copies (choose your favourite of four artworks as well as a name to be featured on the back and one of fifteen favourite quotes for a truly unique and personal edition!)"

And I'd say that all of the extra stuff is ott and largely pointless (dvd copies, gimmicky customisation) and is just thrown in to justify the price. The book looks nice and all but it's not something I'd buy separately. Whichever way you slice it, £50 for one film on Blu Ray is mental.

It's a shame as I'd been looking forward to this coming out. Hope you're right about the standalone release.

Hawkmumbler

Yoinks! Arrow Video have a flash sale on a large number of their films!

Bah! They only accept PayPal, and I don't have enough to cover what I want before it ends on sunday. Also i promised i'd pay a forumite what I currently have for a copy of The New Statesman. ::)

CrazyFoxMachine

YOINKS

A week away doing archaeology down Barnstaple way ...all expenses paid - staying in a lovely little B & B amidst rolling Devon hills...

BAH

The B & B's wifi can't penetrate further than a room in their house so here I am typing this opposite the owner in his own kitchen and it's all very awkward....   Think I prefer working in Bristol!

Proudhuff

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 24 September, 2014, 06:41:43 AM
YOINKS

A week away doing archaeology down Barnstaple way ...all expenses paid - staying in a lovely little B & B amidst rolling Devon hills...

BAH

The B & B's wifi can't penetrate further than a room in their house so here I am typing this opposite the owner in his own kitchen and it's all very awkward....   Think I prefer working in Bristol!

Put some clothes on?
DDT did a job on me

SuperSurfer

YOINKS
One prog 1900 left at my local(ish) thrill merchant for me to buy. I am assuming it was a good seller and that it was not the only copy stocked by that merchant.

BAH
It had a crease down the spine so I didn't by it. I am progless.

Fungus

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 25 September, 2014, 01:16:32 AM
YOINKS
One prog 1900 left at my local(ish) thrill merchant for me to buy. I am assuming it was a good seller and that it was not the only copy stocked by that merchant.

BAH
It had a crease down the spine so I didn't by it. I am progless.

Ouch.
WH Smith's near me take delight in bouncing the prog firmly on the counter. Then crease the spine firmly as they crane to find the (increasingly) small price and bend it over the bar-code reader. I haven't yet returned this to the racks but one day.......

Proudhuff

Subbs guys, its the only answer, you can pay mothly now and you get it on the Saturday before issue date.
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 September, 2014, 11:42:50 AMSubbs guys, its the only answer, you can pay mothly now and you get it on the Saturday before issue date.
Yep. That way the only person who can possibly mangle your beloved Prog is the postie...
We never really die.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: The Cosh on 25 September, 2014, 12:22:21 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 September, 2014, 11:42:50 AMSubbs guys, its the only answer, you can pay mothly now and you get it on the Saturday before issue date.
Yep. That way the only person who can possibly mangle your beloved Prog is the postie...
That's exactly why I don't subscribe. I can do without every single prog and Meg getting battered.