Main Menu

2000ad annuals

Started by klute, 22 June, 2009, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

I had 2/3 2000ad annuals in the eighties one of which had an a.b.c warriors story at the end of the book and i believe there may have been a slaine story in there were he had 3 eye's and had doubled in size???

very vague i know :( anyway if anyone can give me an idea of which one the above maybe and when the annuals started (which year)

And............did they ever reprint these storys into the graphic novels currently on sale

Sorry for the daft questions its years since ive read them and now im playing catch up on ebay amongst places
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

ukdane

The ABC Warriors story could be the Alan Moore / Steve Dillon tale: Red Planet Blues from 2005. I thought it had been reprinted in B/W, but can't find it anywhere. So I must be mistaken.

The Slaine story could be pretty much any of them where he had a Warp Spasm.
Cheers

-Daney

klute

QuoteThe ABC Warriors story could be the Alan Moore / Steve Dillon tale: Red Planet Blues from 2005. I thought it had been reprinted in B/W, but can't find it anywhere. So I must be mistaken.

Its not that one ( i think) the ABC Warriors story was from an annual in the mid to late 80's it had people/creatures hiding/living in what looked like an alien corn field (long thick spear looking growth) coming out of the ground

again my memory is lacking its been a long time i also remember a future shocks/tharg story about a man who lived in a futuristic house that wouldnt let him leave i believe he died of hunger with the home still telling him how much she loved him

Minkyboy

Yeah that is Red Planet Blues if memory serves.
With Hammerstein, and a lady with a large pistol with only 3 shots.
And they burn the weed and only find one alien body.
Love that story.

Robots don't suffer from it.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Dandontdare

Yes, I think this is the one you mean:

It was actually Slaine's opponent (an 'out-of-time' vesrion of the demon Elfric) who grows a third eye though Slaine does warp out in awesome Belardinelli style!

And I'd forgotten that Alan Moore wrote this..

The annuals began in 1978 and the first one was a cracker. The next few weren't quite so hot, with loads of non-2000ad reprint fillers such as The Phantom Patrol and The Guinea Pig (see this thread for more on those).
For a full cover gallery of annuals (and their later incarnation as the rather more pretentious 'yearbooks') see Barney.

klute

LOL yeah thats the one just looking at those pictures has made my day i have some serious hunting to do on ebay

klute

I take it neither were republished then?

Minkyboy

Quote from: "Minkyboy"Robots don't suffer from it.

Bah, memory quote fail  :oops:

"Robots aren't troubled by it."
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000