Main Menu

The 2000 AD Messageboard Advent Calendar 2018 COMMENTS Thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2018, 10:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I see that fine Shaolin Monkey and waht a treat it is.

Once again however special mention has to go to Eamonn who shows he is a prince amongst Squaxx dek Thargo.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 December, 2018, 07:46:38 AM
I see that fine Shaolin Monkey and waht a treat it is.

Once again however special mention has to go to Eamonn who shows he is a prince amongst Squaxx dek Thargo.

Cool!  Turns out a setting in Chrome was stopping her seeing it.

Glad Shako was a hit! It's great what you can do with a cheap Xmas decoration, a biro, and red paint!   :D

I was going to get Satanus in there too, but it was starting to get a bit busy.

shaolin_monkey

Just read the story from Abelardsnazz - nice one!  Short, sweet, and given Dredd's ice cold character cracking over these last years, another good example of that!

Trooper McFad

I do like PJ's Mean 👍🏻 - there seems to be an age to him (old man mean)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Rogue Judge

It is indeed beginning to feel a lot like Christmas - this advent calendar is looking great!

Eamonn - the bookclub is always a highlight (and a regular part of my work week). Fun to see how my favorites stack up against others.

Steve - Snowpocalypse War is a pun worthy of Dredd! I wonder, does Walter the Snowbot have a support role...

Snazz - I enjoyed the short story, Christmas Dredd's are always a favorite of mine, that old softie.

PJ - Awesome entries! I especially like the gruesome City of the Damned Dredd... after all, red is a great Christmas colour.
As for requests, Anderson might be an obvious one, so maybe Sov judge Kazan or one of my new favorites, Heston?

Pete Wells

Good Grud, the Advent Calendar is magic isn't it? Well done to the Space Spinner Conrad, that poem had me laughing several times!

Thanks everyone - s'pecially PJ! Keep it up buddy!

SpaceSpinner2000

Thanks everyone! Also great job today Colin, great to see a Flesh reference!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

shaolin_monkey

Trooper McFad

Fantastic Calvin parody today - I recently came across my collection of books and reread them after a long time getting dusty and ending in a few laugh out loud moments but those last 3 windows look very familiar (&  Funny).
Looking forward to the rest of the Advent. Keep up the good work everyone 👍🏻

Steve Green

James Stacey

Colin YNWA

Oh gosh just realised I didn't add an 'after Watterson' as I have in the past - these are essentially direct lifts from specific Calvin and Hobbes cartoons just 2000ad'd up.

All humour is almost entirely stolen!

Trooper McFad

Still very good & funny Colin - hope you have one lined up for next year👍🏻😄

Rogue Judge

Conrad - awesome poem! Lots of great references, and very long too - we appreciate the effort! There is no way Fox reads the whole thing, this is the text story of poems  :D

Colin - Awesome strip! A Calvin/Flesh crossover was inevitable considering all those Dinosaur! Great work!