Main Menu

What Titan reprints are planned?

Started by The Amstor Computer, 17 February, 2002, 06:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

I'm assuming we'll be seeing Phases 2-4 of Zenith collected & reprinted (though I could do without 4...), but what other classic thrills are going to see light of day, or more importantly - what other thrills would YOU like to see reprinted?

I vote for new bound editions of:

Bad Company & Bewilderness/Krool Heart, either as one complete volume or as two seperate books

Strontium Dog. If possible, reprint the whole damn lot over several volumes - and do it by tomorrow (copies for "review" to the normal address ;-))

Nemesis. Five volumes reprinting the entire saga. Two books per volume, including one-offs & filler strips.

Robo-Hunter. Ya just gotta!

Future Shocks. A bound edition of the absolute cream of the crop - it would make a pleasant change from collected mega-epics.

VCs. Pretty please?

Necronauts. Now. With glorious new cover from Frazer Irving. Please?

Rogue Trooper.

Anyone for any more?

2000AD Online

H'mm. How about 'Project: Overkill' or 'Harry Angel'? Then again, maybe not. . .

Let's see now. . .

Not a 2K AD strip but I would love to see the John Wagner and Pat Mills / Gerry Embleton and Ian Kennedy 'Return of the Mekon / Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future' strips collected.

Wood

I'd go with all of Blackblood's suggestions, maybe adding a Tyranny Rex/Indigo Prime collection... Can't think of anything else that's likely to have any interest at all.

2000AD Online

You're quite right. John Smith's 2K AD work certainly merits a reprinting.

paulvonscott

If Titan aren't interested in reprinting Ace Garp or Robohunter, could Rebellion do runs of the scans of the complete (COMPLETE) stories in bound volumes too?  I would love to spend a whole weekend reading every story, good and bad ever published in every special, prog, annual and lollipop stick.

The Amstor Computer

EVERY story? Even (dum, dum DUM!) Millar's Robohunter tales? :-D

paulvonscott

Damn you Blackblood you oil drinking, small print reading, fiend...

I honestly don't count those 'post Wagner/Gibson' tales as being Robohunter, they were the comic equivelant of cancer.

However if someone wanted to print an entirely seperate and handily burnable edition of New Robohunter then so be it.

The Amstor Computer

Sssssss... ;-)

A volume of New Robohunter should be required reading for anyone intending to resurrect older characters:

"See - this is how NOT to do it. Now get back to work on Shako Returns..."

JamieB

>>I'm assuming we'll be seeing Phases 2-4 of Zenith collected & reprinted (though I could do without 4...)

Yes. Eventually!

>>Bad Company & Bewilderness/Krool Heart, either as one complete volume or as two seperate books

Bad Company: Goodbye, Krool World (reprinting our books 1 & 2) is out late this year.

>>Strontium Dog. If possible, reprint the whole damn lot over several volumes - and do it by tomorrow (copies for "review" to the normal address ;-))

"Portrait of a Mutant", including the titular story and "The Schicklegruber Grab", is set for July.

>>Nemesis. Five volumes reprinting the entire saga. Two books per volume, including one-offs & filler strips.

"Death to All Aliens" (Nemesis Books 1 & 2) is out in hardcover later this year.

>>Robo-Hunter. Ya just gotta!

Not on the schedule ATM - maybe next year?

>>Future Shocks. A bound edition of the absolute cream of the crop - it would make a pleasant change from collected mega-epics.

We're looking into these!

>>VCs. Pretty please?

Not this year, I'm afraid.

>>Necronauts. Now. With glorious new cover from Frazer Irving. Please?

Again - maybe next year?

>>Rogue Trooper.

December, IIRC.

Also: Judge Dredd "The Cursed Earth" (HB), "Innocents Abroad", "Muzak Killer", and "The Day the Law Died" (HB); plus "Slaine: The Horned God", the aforementioned others, and more to come...

*J*

Editorial Assistant

Titan Books

JamieB

Dunno why everything got cut out. Darn.

There'll be a big press release detailing our schedule for the rest of the year in the next couple of weeks, and that should find its way here...

*J*

paulvonscott

"Portrait of a Mutant", including the titular story and "The Schicklegruber Grab"

ooh...

ahh...

Yes please...

Hhhrrobohunter.Cough. Cough.

Whoops just something caught in my throacegarp!

Excuse me, I must visit a doctor.

The Amstor Computer

A massive thankyou for dropping in & sharing all of this juicy info - it's much appreciated.

Goodbye, Krool World:

Fantastic title! IIRC, Bad Company Books 1 & 2 reprinted the entire first series - follow this up with a Bewilderness/Krool Heart volume & I'll sell you my kidneys (slightly used ;-))

Stront reprints:

Good to see these two classics getting a decent reprint. If interest is there, is there any chance of this being followed by more tales from the Doghouse?

Death To All Aliens:

Again, fantastic title. If you can say, does this include any of the shorter Nemesis strips (Killer Watt, Terror Tube, The Sword Sinister...)
I know they were in Titan's Nemesis Book 1, so is there any chance of them being reprinted in the new volume?

Future Shocks:

Cool! I know Titan collected a number of Alan Moore's Future Shocks & Time Twisters in earlier volumes, but it would be great to see some other classic shorts making an appearance.

VCs, Necronauts & Robohunter:

Good to know they're being considered at least.

Rogue Trooper:

Excellent! Any idea what'll be making the cut?

As for the others...

The Cursed Earth:

Superb - and hardback too! Any chance of Burger Wars & Soul Food making it in this time, or is the reprint ban still in force?

Innocents Abroad, Muzak Killer:

I can guess what'll be in Muzak Killer, but Innocents Abroad?

The Day the Law Died:

Monsieur - with zese old-school thrills, you are really spoiling us!

JamieB

-A massive thankyou for dropping in & sharing all of this juicy info - it's much appreciated. -

*Beam* I lurk here in case people ask - you can also get all this info by asking me at reader.feedback@titanemail.com or by emailing our newsletter service at titan-news@titanemail.com with the message 'subscribe'.

-Goodbye, Krool World:

Fantastic title! -

Heh heh! That one's mine :)

-IIRC, Bad Company Books 1 & 2 reprinted the entire first series - follow this up with a Bewilderness/Krool Heart volume & I'll sell you my kidneys (slightly used ;-)) -

Next year, I should think. We'll almost certainly do a second BC book  although if reaction here's anything to go by, we might leave off the new series ;)

-Stront reprints:

Good to see these two classics getting a decent reprint. If interest is there, is there any chance of this being followed by more tales from the Doghouse? -

Definitely - there's too much good stuff to only do 1 SD book!

-Death To All Aliens:

Again, fantastic title. If you can say, does this include any of the shorter Nemesis strips (Killer Watt, Terror Tube, The Sword Sinister...)
I know they were in Titan's Nemesis Book 1, so is there any chance of them being reprinted in the new volume? -

Yep, yep, and yep, in that order. Everything from Titan's old Nemesis books 1 & 2 will be in; we'll hopefully get a new intro from Pat Mills, and there'll be a brief overview/history section as per "Judge Dredd feat. Judge Death" and "Sl?ine The King".

-Future Shocks:

Cool! I know Titan collected a number of Alan Moore's Future Shocks & Time Twisters in earlier volumes, but it would be great to see some other classic shorts making an appearance. -

Most likely, a first FS/TT collection would focus on the Moore stuff - but we'll have a look at doing some others, maybe in a second volume.

-VCs, Necronauts & Robohunter:

Good to know they're being considered at least. -

Well, as I said, deffo not this year; but we'll look again next year...

- Rogue Trooper:
Excellent! Any idea what'll be making the cut? -

For the first book, it'll likely as not be Titan's first two RT reprint books.

- The Cursed Earth:

Superb - and hardback too! Any chance of Burger Wars & Soul Food making it in this time, or is the reprint ban still in force? -

We're looking into it, but the interview with Jason K in Comics International seems to imply that the ban is definitely still in force, so I won't make any promises. Pity, that; Bolland's art on the latter banned strips is gorgeous. Even if the stories themselves are pretty barking!

- Innocents Abroad, Muzak Killer:

I can guess what'll be in Muzak Killer, but Innocents Abroad? -

Don't have our story listing for this one to hand, but it'll be all Ennis-penned, Greg Staples-drawn stories. I *think* that'll be our last Ennis Dredd collection.

- The Day the Law Died:

Monsieur - with zese old-school thrills, you are really spoiling us! -

Well, y'know, it's the biz, really - the early Dredd stuff is as good as 2000AD has ever been, IMHO.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words - and keep buying the books - and, obv. keeping me in work :)

Best,
*J*
Editorial Assistant
Titan Books

The Amstor Computer

BTW - just out of interest - any plans to reprint the Block Mania/Apocalypse War saga or any of the other Dredd epics?

Thanks again.

JamieB

-BTW - just out of interest - any plans to reprint the Block Mania/Apocalypse War saga or any of the other Dredd epics? -

Not this year, but I should think we'll do them next year - BM/Apoc War will probably be either one or two harddbacks, as they fall well within the 'classic b/w' category.

*J*