Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Re the sketchbook, regardless of size (the website made out it was as chunky as the regular volumes) the content is excellent, including a better look at the unused section of the JDMC extension artwork (the bit that went 91-100)

James Stacey

so is everyone else still waiting for 15 and 16 then ? 17 and 18 arrived for me today (along with a skinny sketch book)

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: James Stacey on 10 April, 2018, 09:40:58 AM
so is everyone else still waiting for 15 and 16 then ? 17 and 18 arrived for me today (along with a skinny sketch book)

Exactly the same here. Replacement #80 for JDMC and 17 & 19 plus sketchbook. No 15 and 16 yet.

IndigoPrime

Weirdly, I got 15/16 this morning (along with #80 reprint for the Dredd collection), but no sign of 17/18/covers one.

Arkady

Yep, 15-16 just landed on my desk too.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 10 April, 2018, 09:43:21 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 10 April, 2018, 09:40:58 AM

Exactly the same here. Replacement #80 for JDMC and 17 & 19 plus sketchbook. No 15 and 16 yet.
Meant 17 &18

sintec

I have 15 & 16 and no sketchbook.

I'm sure there must be some logic here but I've no idea what it is.

moldovangerbil

So some people have got 15&16 and some have got 17&18 plus sketchbook? 

What on earth are hachette doing?

IndigoPrime

Messing up. I got 15/16 because I complained and they sent them as a bespoke order. Although from what I understand that means I _might_ not now get 17/18 for another month. As I understand it, this isn't atypical for Hachette. The Transformers board is packed with people complaining about screw-ups and missing issues. For some reason, it seems the Dredd set went pretty smoothly for most people, bar the odd damaged item. I suspect with 2000 AD, the extra covers book screwed up, and no-one had the common sense to just say: "Sorry about this, but the item is delayed. We'll instead be sending this book with your next set of books."

James Stacey

I gave up on my Transformers sub as they failed to take money despite me phoning up and confirming bank details and filling in a DD form twice. They then sent me a red final demand for payment. I had no problems with the Dredd (so far) or the Marvel one whatsoever.

Arkady

Is it still being sold in Forbidden Planet? I'm thinking of jacking in the subscription once I get the sketchbook and just buying them as they are released.

Jim_Campbell

Just got 17/18 plus sketchbook... don't seem to have had 15/16. I'll follow up with them, I think...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 April, 2018, 03:00:31 PM
Just got 17/18 plus sketchbook... don't seem to have had 15/16. I'll follow up with them, I think...
Lots of people affected in the same way, myself included, on here and the FB page.15/16 will be in the next delivery.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mattofthespurs

Latest from Hachette on FB;

We're aware that there have been some problems recently with subscribers' deliveries – thank you to those of you who have brought this to our attention.
We had some stock issues surrounding the first cover gallery special, which meant deliveries containing this and issues 15 and 16 have been delayed. To try and get copies out to subscribers as quickly as possible, we sent issues 17 and 18 out to subscribers as soon as they came into stock, which you should now have received. We will then be sending you issues 15 and 16 with your cover gallery special in your next dispatch, approx. 4 weeks after you have received issues 17 and 18.
We sincerely apologise for this delay and any confusion it has caused, and we would like to thank you for your understanding. If you have any further concerns, please send us a PM and the team will be happy to help.