Main Menu

My daughter (Velouria) dressed up at Judge Dredd for "Super Hero Day"

Started by crossbusterxk, 13 November, 2015, 02:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heath C Ackley

That's the best thing I've seen all day. It's cheered me right up. Thanks for that!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

JayzusB.Christ

On an otherwise grim day, that's cheered me up too. Cool name too. Was she named after the Pixies song ? (if so, respect!)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

All in our household love it!  Thinking she looks more like Hershey (in pre CJ days) though!

crossbusterxk

She's named after the Pixies song indeed. I was thinking Hershey but in the last epic Flint gave her crazy eyes, put me off.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ThryllSeekyr

It's such a shame the official replica outfit is no longer available. Yet, it was bloody expensive.

JayzusB.Christ

I was trying to place what that last photo reminded me of. Then it came to me.

auxlen

QuoteQuality nerd parenting.

She looks adorable.....!!!!
Brilliant.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 14 November, 2015, 05:35:02 PM
On an otherwise grim day, that's cheered me up too. Cool name too. Was she named after the Pixies song ? (if so, respect!)

Hey.....

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 15 November, 2015, 08:26:03 PM

Hey.....

I'm with you  ;)

In fact this thread has inspired me to have a trawl through some Pixies classics, starting with Velouria, naturally. Christ but they were good. Still are, in fact; I saw them last year.

ZenArcade

I don't think there is a bad song on any of the first 4 ep/lp's. Just listened to Bossanova today for the first time in years: Veluria, all over the world, dig for fire, down to the well, the happening, Jesus what a record. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 November, 2015, 10:49:23 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 15 November, 2015, 08:26:03 PM

Hey.....

I'm with you  ;)

In fact this thread has inspired me to have a trawl through some Pixies classics, starting with Velouria, naturally. Christ but they were good. Still are, in fact; I saw them last year.

Have you seen the one that the two Middle-Eastern girls from New-York (Twin Sisters, BTW!) got famous for.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: ZenArcade on 15 November, 2015, 11:05:30 PM
I don't think there is a bad song on any of the first 4 ep/lp's. Just listened to Bossanova today for the first time in years: Veluria, all over the world, dig for fire, down to the well, the happening, Jesus what a record. Z
Takes me back. So many memories. That's the band I've been to see the most times (three). I remember buying NME for the review of Doolittle. Straight 10/10. Agree first four EP/LPs perfection. Trompe Le Monde still had some dynamite tracks.

ThryllSeekyr

I could link it here on this forum, but it might be considered a bit too risqué here or you could subscribe to [bTasha on You-Tube.

Easy to find if you put the words Hey - Pixies into it's search engine.

Love the instrumentals first, and then the voices.