Main Menu

Mark Millar looking for 2 or 3 page stories

Started by Emperor, 06 May, 2010, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

locustsofdeath!

Heeeeeeere we go again...any artists up for this one?!?

Jim_Campbell

I've reposted the three from the previous thread: Al Ewing/PJ; LoD/MGB; Enigmatic Dr X and El Chivo, since they all meet the brief.

I have a feeling that the previous thread just got so clogged up with random shit from people's web comics that he needed a more specific thread. Mind you, we already seem to be having problems with reading comprehension from some of the posters ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

El Chivo

Cheers Jim,  for getting our feet in the door sharpish!
Ladies, Gents, lend me yr scripts!

Chi

uncle fester

2 to 3 pages now, is it? Sounds to me like he can't make up his mind...   :-\

Emperor

Some of it is a little unclear - he says 1, 2 and 3 in the subject line but in the body of the text he says:

QuoteThis is where you submit a two or three page story for our consideration in the magazine.

As he seems OK with Jim moving the one-pagers over to here then that seems OK too. Which is good for me as a I have a few in the drawer.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Lady Festina

My favourite bit is where he says "it just has to be really, really good". Thank for that, Mark, most helpful!

I shall duly raid the Story Cupboard later on (when I've been to the pub, voted and packed for a weekend away) and no doubt harass charm some artistic types....

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 May, 2010, 04:13:38 PM
I've reposted the three from the previous thread: Al Ewing/PJ; LoD/MGB; Enigmatic Dr X and El Chivo, since they all meet the brief.

Many thanks for that Jim!

Emperor

Quote from: Lady Festina on 06 May, 2010, 05:17:35 PM
My favourite bit is where he says "it just has to be really, really good". Thank for that, Mark, most helpful!

Damn! I missed that. Back to the drawing board!!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Thanks Jim.

Up for any more lettering? (heh)
Lock up your spoons!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 06 May, 2010, 05:53:48 PM
Up for any more lettering? (heh)

Back end of last week and the start of this were a bit mental, but the workload has tailed off a bit -- if anyone has any new submissions they want lettering, I may well be able to fit some additional work in, so feel free to ask!

Cheers

Jim

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kev Levell

I'd like to have a go on this one, but ideally I'd like to draw something with pretty ladies in...
The age group MM is aiming at is the lads mag demographic and I think there is mileage in something that will boggle their eyes then make them think for a moment too... get those football-heads thinking for the first time... if anyone has something like this, and would like to collaborate... please PM me.

Dog Deever

In other words...
Kev wants to see tits, Tits, TITS!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Bolt-01

Why doesn't Mark just bankroll FQ? I'm sure he wouldn't be sorry...

Paul_Ridgon

If I didn't have Bristol to prep for in a couple of weeks I'd be so desperately looking for a writer right now!