Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Leigh S on 24 September, 2017, 05:39:30 PM
Ian Kennedy on Rogue - why did this not happen???

It is slightly baffling, isn't it?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rogue Judge

Amazing Artwork Spikes! Ian Kennedy is one of my all time favorite artists.

Several months ago I ordered three commissions from Ian: Dredd, Strontium Dog, and Rogue - interestingly, he told me (via Wiggs) that it was the first time he had been asked to draw Rogue!

The artwork showed up and it is mind blowing - I'm currently getting them framed together and will post when complete!

ming

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 September, 2017, 05:46:48 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 24 September, 2017, 05:39:30 PM
Ian Kennedy on Rogue - why did this not happen???

It is slightly baffling, isn't it?

I'm just glad Ian is back on the radar, 2000AD-wise.  He's been held in such high regard by so many for so long but his 2000AD work seemed only a vague memory when I first approached him for the Project Sketchbook piece (nearly five years ago now); unsurprising given his decades of comics output.  Anyway, it's been fantastic to see him working on so many 2000AD commissions since then (not to mention that wraparound Prog cover); I think he was probably fairly surprised to find himself in such demand for these and the quality of his work at the age of 85 is just astonishing.

Dr Feeley Good

A couple of pieces I picked up at Thought Bubble on Saturday...First up a sketch,if you can only call it that ! from Tom Foster,he did a cracking job ! And then a page from Trevor Hairsine from his story Skulls which he did with Rob Williams,Rob was sat next to Trevor so I got them both to sign it.....

Colin YNWA

I could have spent hours looking at Tom Foster's art, als he wasn't selling, but man it was beautiful... just it would have got weird after the first couple of hours and it'd made him uncomfortable... still it was tempting...

Dr Feeley Good

It was amazing wasn't it !!! How many people over the weekend do you think asked him how much his pages were... :D

Spikes

Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 25 September, 2017, 08:26:18 PM
And then a page from Trevor Hairsine from his story Skulls which he did with Rob Williams,Rob was sat next to Trevor so I got them both to sign it.....

Very nice indeed, and Trevor was on my list, but I never got to see him unfortunately. Sigh...

Tjm86

I know artdroids has a reputation for being expensive but I'm wondering if this is a typo:

£15, 000 for a piece of Mcmahon art?  Granted it's gorgeous but still ... :o

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tjm86 on 06 October, 2017, 05:21:48 PM
I know artdroids has a reputation for being expensive but I'm wondering if this is a typo:

Well given that he has a Dave Gibbons Doctor Who cover for Marvel, that wasn't even a cover (as he explains in the description) at the same price prehaps not!

jabish

Lovely page of Hairsine art! Always liked his work and it's a pity he's not in the prog more.

So it's cool to get the writer to sign original art too? I was thinking about bringing 'Finger of Suspicion' for John Wagner to sign the next time he's doing a convention near London but was wondering (in my naivety) whether that's the done thing. Seems like it is so looking forward to getting John's John Hancock on the six pages :D

Dr Feeley Good

While I was at Thoughtbubble I took a page of Henry Flints art with me from the Day of Chaos storyline and got John to sign that aswell, he was more than happy to do so.. :D

CalHab

"Yes dear, I've been trying to sell it, but I just can't find a buyer. The market must be slow at the moment."

glassstanley

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 October, 2017, 07:32:17 PM

Well given that he has a Dave Gibbons Doctor Who cover for Marvel, that wasn't even a cover (as he explains in the description) at the same price prehaps not!

I'm also not sure that the Star Lord Guide to the Galaxy was originally intended for pre-merger Star Lord...

Dr Feeley Good

Some pages that arrived this week,got them direct from Dave Kendall,who was an absolute gent to deal with.......

Link Prime

Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 18 November, 2017, 03:47:13 PM
Some pages that arrived this week,got them direct from Dave Kendall,who was an absolute gent to deal with.......

Great pages.

For me, one of the highlights of the 40th bash was chatting with Dave / watching him sketch for an hour.
Absolute gent.