Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

oddballuk

Next two books officially announced on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/judgedreddcollection/photos/a.1523545327903270.1073741828.1517847991806337/1980470982210700/?type=3&theater

I'd been waiting to see what would be included in the Chopper volume and it looks like it'll be skipping the Garth Ennis material but include the post-Ennis story The Big Meg by Wagner, Teague & Goddard.

So should be that, Midnight Surfer, Soul on Fire, Song of the Surfer, maybe Funeral in Mega City One from the poster prog?

IndigoPrime

Cam Kennedy? YAASSSS. No Garth Ennis? Whatevs. (I didn't mind his story, but I don't care if it's cut.) But no Supersurf 13 is a VERY good decision.

Looking at the page count, the strips listed by oddballuk give us a page count of 201 or so. This means the Ennis strip would bump us over the 250-page maximum. On that basis, it's even better that Midnight Surfer is in the mix. Whether the Poster Prog shows up is another matter. Barney reckons that's only six pages, and it's something of a rarity, and so here's hoping.

Apestrife

Is the cover art for the Chopper volume new? Can't remember seeing it before. I'm so looking forward to this volume :) !!!

Tinmachine

Looked at the contributors for Chopper. It appears Unamerican Graffiti isn't included? That really doesn't make sense seeing it introduces Chopper. Fun story and leads nicely into his next appearance.

oddballuk

Quote from: Apestrife on 15 December, 2017, 08:00:15 PM
Is the cover art for the Chopper volume new? Can't remember seeing it before. I'm so looking forward to this volume :) !!!

It was the cover to the Judge Dredd Poster Prog which had the Chopper story Funeral in Mega City One.

moogie101

Quote from: Tinmachine on 16 December, 2017, 12:31:33 AM
Looked at the contributors for Chopper. It appears Unamerican Graffiti isn't included? That really doesn't make sense seeing it introduces Chopper. Fun story and leads nicely into his next appearance.

I can't remember which book but that story has already been included in a previous mega collection volume.

The Monarch

its in a book called mad city

oh the cover is actually the cover of the poster prog

Tinmachine

Quote from: moogie101 on 16 December, 2017, 05:09:15 AM
Quote from: Tinmachine on 16 December, 2017, 12:31:33 AM

I can't remember which book but that story has already been included in a previous mega collection volume.

Cheers!

Just looked up the contents page on the Wiki and found it. A number of volumes behind in Oz. Mad City looks like a great collection of stories.

Apestrife

PM:d JDMC fb on whether Block Judge, Terror rising and Lady killer would be included in the collection and they said there was no plans for that.

Makes me hope/think they'll end up in the 2000AD UC Dark Justice book.

marko10174

I have a spare copy of Satan's island and Klegg hai! from the JD meg collection. If anyone needs these two books and wants to do a swap for spare copies they might have (or books they don't want) from the collection just send me a pm.

Bolt-01

Satan's Island is a stone Killer of a book.

If anyone out these hasn't read that- you are missing out.

Richard

I assume that the Armitage volume (77) contains the first series, Influential Circles, and the Flashback stories, but can anyone tell me if I'm right please?

Richard