Main Menu

Blade 3

Started by Shewrog, 10 December, 2004, 03:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Kon

petesbeats

I've seen the ad's for this but it hasn't grabbed me like the last 2. I think they should have left the idea to the 2 films.  I hope i 'm proved wrong though.

Bad Andy

I hated the second one - thought it had too much gore and too much terrible CGI.

Luke Goss was surprisingly menacing though. 'Obey me or I start to sing...'

First one was evry good. Incidentally anyone seen the Blade 'homage' character Raven on the latest Tekken game?

Devons Daddy

taking my boy and his buddy to see this on teusday.
they are both looking forward to it.
so am i truth be said.

1 and 2 where great,so  as far as 3 is concerned if its got shiney weapons,vampires and lots of silly action scenes.
and simple but reasonable plot im happy.

i go to be entertained.i am easily pleased.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Conexus

'Fighting vampires in a post-apocalyptic wasteland'

Isn't that Otto's (bus driver from the Simpsons) pitch for a comic-book?

Yep, and it's allso a real strip in a simpsons comic
(Can't remember which one - probably a tree house of horror though)

MUD

The lower rating worried me as I thought it may be similar to what happened with the robocop films that and TV star sidekicks.

Max Kon

snipes is a good actor and martial artist

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359013/" target="_blank">imdb page

Bico

It was a treehouse issue of the regular comic, and the sory was called 'Busman', just like the pitch in the show.
Hollywood aren't half running low on ideas, are they?  Blade framed for a crime, you say?  What an original plot for a comic-book spin-off...

GordonR

"Blade framed for a crime, you say? What an original plot for a comic-book spin-off..."

To be fair, it was the third film, al of them written by the same writer, and the thrillpower banks were maybe running low by that point.  The previous two films had managed to get by without the real world and the forces of law and order in amy way impeding on Blade's trail of vampire-hunting death and destruction.

I also thought the villains and their motivations were spectacularly uninteresting this time around.  The first two films were all about vampire power politics, while Blade was just out to kill vampires.  This time, it was Blade and his pals who had the big plan, while the bad guys' motivation extended no further than "Get Blade!"

Mr C

"Vampire Holocaust Movie"

I Am Legend.

Now that would rock!

Krustabi

Is Triple H any good in it?

Bico

Ahhhhh... it all becomes clear now...

John Doe was the prince of darkness all along!  No wonder he knew all that stuff!  He was using his vampiric powers to read it all from people's minds!

(well, it makes about as much sense as anything the writers of the show could come up with)

Bico

No, I didn't post in the wrong thread.
I can safely say *that* is an in joke and a half...