Main Menu

New Poll: Should Slaine's latest series be his last?

Started by 2000AD Online, 18 January, 2005, 06:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Steamboy

Oooh 50/50 split from 6 replies so far...

CU Krestel

longmanshort

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Carlsborg Expert.

there used to be this silly idea that spin offs could be done as if they were moments overlooked during original epic sos not to cut into said epic. So where are are the lost tails of MacRoth?
Lost up his bottomless cauldren second shelf? I dunno I guess I am wishful thinking.

Steamboy

They tried that Mr Smoker with the Lost Years tales of which there were a couple of good ones, particullarly the one with the Sea Demons(Femorians) in it, very different to the current Slain and with a nice humour bent to it. "oh my god he's eating his spawn". tThey were all about the time Slain ruled as king befor all the time travelling malarkey, I liked em but then I dont see anything wrong with current Slain except it plods a bit and the Book structure is anoying, still pleanty of awsom art to stare at.

CU Krestel

Floyd-the-k

I don`t think so. I`m not Slaine`s number one fan, but the latest series has its` moments.  

IndigoPrime

Jared Katooie

The bit when the last book ended was great.

Max Kon

The bit when the last book ended was great.

Yeah it was, and was the end of every Recent Slaine Book. It's like when a witch dies.

Max Kon

left of this bit:

Ding Dong The Book Is Over
Ding Dong The Book Is Over
Ding Dong T....

buserian

Given the astounding level of ignorance being displayed in the current prog review thread, I really hope (and expect) that the editors ain't gonna be stupid enough to take this poll at face value. Slaine seems to be one of those characters that certain people will bitch about no matter what's done with him - even when their previous suggestions are taken on board. For the record, I'm quite enjoying the current Slaine run, although I think he works better in shorter stories rather than epics.

Oddboy

Well dispite thinking that Sl?ine's the worst thing in the prog at the moment - I've voted to keep him.
I think Buserian might have a point with his 'Epics' theory. Unfortunately, we've got stuck in this epic Books of Invasions arc, which seems to be not only retreading old ground, but retreading itself every book.
What's up with Kai at the moment - he still at Druid School?
Better set your phaser to stun.

IndigoPrime

Well, I've read Slaine from the start, and loved the character up until the "leyser" guns crept in. However, after jumping the shark somewhat, the character managed to jump back, providing us with The Spoils of Annwyn and Slaine the King?both decent stories. It really should have ended there, but The Horned God proved otherwise, and, for the first two books, was really good. The third book saw the rot set in, largely in the totally uninspired art. After that point, it was like Mills gave up on Slaine: the character was on auto-pilot, and we've been subjected to repeats ever since (with the exception of "time traveling Slaine", which was an abomination).

Slaine should have gone into the Earth and he should have stayed there. That way, he'd have forever remained a classic character rather than a hackneyed clich

Wils

So where are are the lost tails of MacRoth?

They were stolen. BY A WOMAN!!!

;)

paulvonscott

I'm happy to keep Slaine, there's a lot I'd scrap before Slaine, that's for sure!