Main Menu

BBC1 tonight - Bedazzled

Started by paulvonscott, 14 February, 2005, 11:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

You fill me with inertia.

I'll reccommend this partly to mak up for reccomending Look around YOu (10pm tonight BBC2, I'll be watching anyway) and because it's one of my favourite films.

BBC 1 12.05am  Bedazzled (PG) (FILM) 1967 A chef is spurned by a waitress and plunges into suicidal gloom, but finds a solution to his problems in the form of the Devil incarnate, who offers him seven wishes in exchange for his soul. Dudley Moore and Peter Cook star in this comic update of the Faust legend, which boasts a host of famous faces, but has lost the essential spark over the years. Also starring Raquel Welch and Eleanor Bron.

paulvonscott

"but has lost the essential spark over the years."

I should have deleted that, it's not true, not true I tell you!

Bad Andy

Does it beat the Liz Hurley one? I'm sure it does but grrrowllll. She is fine. I would kill to lick her armpit.

johnnystress

Great movie- let us not mention the remake

doh!

Bico

Byron Virgo

If ANY OF YOU F*&$%ING PIGS mention that remake again, I'll execute every mother#$%^&ing last one of you!

[ps. Bedazzled (1967 one!) is one of my favourite films too, Paul. It's really interesting if you look at it as an allegory for Cook and Moore's relationship:

"Why do you do such awful things?"

"It's nothing personal."]

[pps. I like Look Around You too.]

Matt Timson

Recorder set!

"Blow your raspberry!"

Class.  I hope it's as good as I remember- not seen it since I was about fourteen (when my brain was only half formed).
Pffft...

Smiley

It's dated but still funny.

'Ere, my ice lolly's melted... you must be the devil.