Main Menu

Shed:Con Raffle

Started by [YT-2], 25 September, 2005, 02:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

is this for charity? Should I mail some Phantom comics over for it?

Matt Timson

First 'Invincible' trade- 'Family Matters'.  I bought it in haste, never got around to reading it and then bought the big collected hardback.  In technical terms- it's brand new.  And a cracking read.
Pffft...

judge dreddd

raffle is great value,will be ?30 of tickets tee hee

Thursday

What's the ShedCon etiquette for the raffle?  Is it considered bad form to turn up without contributing a prize?

thinky

my contribution to the already impressive haul on offer is:

"Killing Time" GN (Hamlyn)
"The Bogie Man" (the first GN i think)
2000AD Progs 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 & 2005
Judge Dredd Megazine - complete run Vol1

see you all tomorrow

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Wake

No you don't have to bring a prize. There are usually more than enough as it is.

Cheers,

Wake

[YT-2]

The Shed:Con raffle was mostly an excuse for me to get rid of some unwanted stuff. Each year the raffle has grown and last year took ages to get through. The only etiquette is that you have to come to Shed:Con and not be a complete twat. No prizes need to be donated but a beer to the raffle organiser may ensure that you win (it won?t but you can try) during the evening everyone will be given a card to write their name on and all the names go into my Dredd beanie. As the names are drawn out the lucky Shed:Coner gets to pick a prize and this carries on till all the prizes have gone. Last year all the cards had to be returned to the beanie as there were enough prizes to give everyone at least one prize.

[YT-2]

Max Kon

what time does the raffle start?

[YT-2]

Shed:Con normally gets going around 19:00hrs and the raffle gets going 20:30hrs - 21:00hrs. There's no hard and fast timings as I make it up as I go along.

[YT-2]

Max Kon

ok, i just don't want to be there half way through again :)

Pyroxian

I've got a couple of GNs to bring along, 1 2K and the other not.

See ya later at the three-headed mutie goat.

Steve

Bart Oliver

Hi Logan

If you're interested, have issues of The Losers (Diggle & Jock, not old 70s DC version) 1 thru 8 and signed (Grant*, Bircham, Osiyemi) Brodie's Law issues 1 & 2 to contribute.

Will try to arrive before 8.30 tonight.

Cheers, Ol

*Sorry not Alan's signiture, you'll have to ask him nicely yerself ;)

Obviously you're not a golfer.

[YT-2]

Got a few prizes to throw in including next weeks Prog and a correctly printed Megazine.

See you all there later.

Swearengen

Just looking through the thread and noticed that I wrote out a long message but only the first line came out. Dredd:Con sounds great and not as formal as other cons I've been to. Will have to try and get there next year. Look forward to the tale sof debaucery and late night acts of drunkeness.

Noisybast

"...and a correctly printed Megazine"

Blimey! Where'd you get that from?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!