Main Menu

IMAF 2005

Started by Byron Virgo, 17 October, 2005, 09:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

Well, I'm glad that's sorted. I'll give up any thoughts of writing anything other than dialogue free pointless fist fights in the style of They Live.

Pandering to artists...that'll be the day...

Aaron Smurf Murphy

They Live was awesome. As for pandering to artists... I actually like writers and see them as providing just as vital a role as an artist, hell I can't write so any writers involvement is good in my book. You'll never catch me doing a Todd McFarlane and essentially calling all writers wankers.

Byron Virgo

There's a reason they don't let artists write stories. Except when they do.

Todd McFarlane...why, Lord, why...?

Bolt-01

Wish I could go, but it is in London and I'm not going there.

Bolt-01

Conexus

will one have to read MangaQuake backwards to make sense of it ?

Richmond Clements

Very good question Conexus!
But no, in the end we went for a more Western style of printing.

When I say 'more western' I of course mean 'less pretentious'.

Conexus

I deliberately set the question up so it could be  answered in with self deprecciating punchline, and you didn't take the bait ?

*wanders off shaking head*

Richmond Clements

No, you see, my beloved Mangaquake is just soooooo good, it is impossible to make fun of it.

WoD

Hey....was my spiddy sense tingling...did someone diss They Live...isn't that the Rowdy Rowdy Piper film?

Byron Virgo

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

An' I'm all outta bubblegum."

Conexus

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

An' I'm all outta bubblegum."

In which case, why don't you pop down to the newsagents and buy some, while I go find a donkey for you to hit your feet at?

Byron Virgo

Why would Rowdy Roddy Piper want a donkey to hit his feet? He's in the middle of uncovering a sinister alien invasion by shooting as many of them as he can with a shotgun before having an incredibly long and drawn out fight with Keith David. FOR NO REASON.

Get your priorities straight, man!

Conexus

but you do agree that he should go get some bubblegum? as he clearly said he came to do that

Byron Virgo

No, he said he came to chew bubblegum.

Now the chewin's done, and it's ass kickin' time!

WoD

Hope everyone enjoys themselves at the event.  Look out for VIRGO...and say hello.