Main Menu

1572 Mega Cities NIGHT MAYOR

Started by philt, 04 February, 2008, 10:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philt

Quick one this time.

A big "reveal" in Kingdom
Interesting developments in Dredd. Does this tie in with information gleaned from the Previews for the next lot of Megazines I wonder?

Not read the rest yet.

Not liking the cover much though.

Mardroid

I didn't mind the cover. Mayor looks rather camp though.

Since it's early in the week I've spoiler tagged the, er, spoilers.

Dredd:  Good one. Can't help thinking PJ came to the deduction concerning the juve a bit to quickly though. Ok, so he was one himself, but there are other explanations.

Stickleback:  More Victorian warped madness. A bit predictable for me, but not in a bad way. I wonder who/what this Cody actually is? Considering events, I think my previous deduction, that he is a ghoul of some kind is true. Also, did the fat man bit remind anyone of a certain Monty Python sketch? With a twist? Messed up stuff but highly enjoyable.

Strontium Dog: Again quite formulaic but I'm enjoying this. I wasn't to sure earlier on, but it's growing on me. Quite raunchy this one too.

Kingdom: Another good-un. I'm figuring all that other pink stuff beneath the ticks is just... more ticks right? That and the nutrients they grow on. Just in the distance and less defined. I didn't really last bit coming though. Makes you wonder what'd happen if they'd successfully burrowed into Gene. He'd probably just be dog food, yuk yuk.

Trout

Buttonman

Great Prog - this strong run continues to impress - not a clunker in the house.

The new PJ is a bit too much like the old PJ but I guess that's the idea. I'm glad to see PJ is out for blood but I can still see JP ending up as a protege. Good detection on PJ's part but I was disappointed to see that 'solve any problem' suggestion drug show up again.

SHAKARA missed a step for me this week - it's basically the same thing over and over - cure her-blam-cure her-blam and so on. It's never been a narrative heavy tale but we do need some momentum.

Alpha is like my comfy old slippers, always welcoming but not too exciting. Some feaky sex action did enliven proceedings somewhat. With Alpha, not my slippers.

Kingdom is still the ace in the deck with its reveal that the villagers are just vessels for the bug dudes. Look forward to all being made clear, but not it ending so something right has been done.

Stickleback continues to impress. I do get a bit lost with the art sometimes but that only encourages a more detailed look. Best B&W since Leviathan.

Great stuff and an unobstructed logo to boot.

the shutdown man

A great prog, Shakara showing his sensitive side, and speaking more dialogue in this ep than I think he has in his entire run up to now.

I also liked Stickleback's dark little hint to Cody: "You're not Cody; I know Cody, and he knows me." Or words to that effect.

However, I am somewhat troubled by Kingdom. Okay, the townspeople are being controlled by the ticks, I didn't see that coming, but if they are, then why were they so happy to keep Gene around? Wouldn't they see him as a threat? Also, I refuse to believe that a genetically engineered super-soldier like Gene could be knocked out by a bump on the head with a pipe. At least have the tick-people produce some form of tranquiliser dart or something.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Kingdom:-

Am I the only one who sees that the girl will rescue Gene - presumably the ticks only go for adults - and this will then become a "one girl and her dog" tale?
Lock up your spoons!

WoD

I didn't see the twist coming in Kingdom.  Wonder how the voice knew about this and what is the voice?

The bit in Stickleback was also done in a comic that was part of the ... if I remember correctly .. PowerLine saga (St George and Dr Zero being the other comics) they used it to smuggle some people in to a gathering of criminal families.

Proudhuff

Another strong Prog:

Anyone get the cover up here?

Dredd: What is that under his nose? Great art work through out, story's fabby, how good will all this read collected eh?

Shakakkaaaa!! A bit more depth loving the art.

Stickly backed: Great stuff, Didn't 'Cody' reveal his devil last week when he 'Flashed'the  Fumanchu lookalike? This week just confirms his evilness.

Stronty Dug: Johnny does the Gay Pride thang again: a Bird/Woman in a brothel askes if she could be anything for him and he replies something like ' only if your making soup' Wulf must be sooo proud!

heyhey another letters page of boarders, jings whitever next...

hguff

DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

Did you all notice the MacNeil Dilbert at the end of Dredd?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Wellsy/dilbert.jpg">

Buttonman

Certainly the same specs - maybe it's a tribute to our favourite fundamentalist christian?

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/button71/?action=view¤t=fundie.jpg" target="_blank">http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/button71/fundie.jpg" border="0" alt="fundie">

Mardroid

Imasaved1:  Please, no offence intended but this isn't the thread to discuss that.

Shakara: I though I'd missed one strip in my little review above. Quite an interesting one. Shows that Shakara, for all his bloody minded ruthlessness isn't as tyranical as others of his race, (although granted their dead, and that could cheese them off somehow. ;)  )

Kingdom: Concerning the ticks- whilst they have a control over the people, I think the result might be a merger of minds.

In other words I think the human brain brings something to the mix rather than just becoming a zombie for the parasite's control. This would explain why it is that the people want Gene's protection rather than just seeing him as a threat. It also explains why the other ticks he encountered attacked Gene just as they attacked 'them'.

Mardroid

Oh sorry Imasaved1, I see your quote was a response to previous posters reference to something in the prog.

Goaty

vzzbux

Another fantastic feast of thrill.

Cliff never seems to dull in his work fantastic cover.

Dredd awesome.

Shakara brilliant.

SD off the hook.

Stickleback hotting up.

Kingdom still my fave of the prog.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Satanist

And the run of great progs continues.

Dredds top of the pops this week.
Shakara was blink and you'll miss it.

Alls good and the scripts and art are all top notch.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?