Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Sounds like time for a new episode of Tordels and The Shark.  Maybe revived as a retro audio play.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: TordelBack on 02 February, 2018, 11:15:48 PM
My minor impediment this evening is that I watched a You Tube clip of TNGs The Drumhead, which was presented in that format as an example of Picard 'destroying' a SJW.

Let that sink in for a minute.  Jean-Luc Picard, of Star Trek, defending a crewman from a racist/speciesist Admiral,  was striking a blow against social justice warriors.

And now I can't get it the cultural ramifications out of my mind.

Why?

Why would you watch something like that, instead of the original episode?

You're voluntarily sticking your head in a sewer and then expressing suprise at the horrible smell.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 02 February, 2018, 11:04:35 PM
Keep well Sharky.

I seem to have spent most of this evening trying to install Windows 10. Which seems to be incompatible with my current usb wireless dongle.

Thanks, Tips.

Why not try downloading one of the Linux operating systems? I use Linux Mint but there are others. You can run them from a dvd or usb stick to try them out before installing. I find my Mint to be easy to use, very stable, well supported, possessed of as many bells and whistles as you could possibly need, very secure and completely free. I'll never go back to Microshaft.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trout

I missed all the drama! I'm glad you came through that horrible experience with your irrepressible good humour, Shark!

TordelBack

Quote from: Mister Pops on 02 February, 2018, 11:40:01 PMYou're voluntarily sticking your head in a sewer and then expressing suprise at the horrible smell.

This is so true.  I just saw the little thumbnail of Picard as I was searching for videos of giant waves (YouTube knows me so well), and off into the abyss I went. 

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 February, 2018, 11:56:13 PM
I'll never go back to Microshaft.

Recently forced to install Office Live by the company I'm working for to facilitate joint editing of docs,   after many years keeping MS on other people's machines and Open Source on my own.  It's OK,  if you're not paying for it yourself,  and Windows 10 on my kid's laptop hasn't been any bother (touch wood), but I can't see myself ever bothering again.

Dandontdare

TordelBack

Tiplodocus

I use my home PC to work from home on occassion and I know the MS stuff works with the company software. I'd have a bit of a struggle seeing if it works with all of the other stuff.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

That's how they get you, Tips. Speaking as one thrust into that very boat.

Woolly

Christ but I'm late to this one  :o
Sharky, so glad you're ok man. Please try to keep it that way!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JamesC

I fell down the stairs this morning in a Norman Wisdom type way, bashing the shit out of my back and landing in a painful heap at the foot of the stairs groaning. The cat I was carrying ran off traumatised (for about 5 minutes, then she came back wondering where her breakfast was).
It's not all bad though - it's necessitated a day off work and after application of an ice pack and a couple of ibuprofen I've spent the morning catching up on comics I've been meaning to read. :)

The Legendary Shark

Ouch, glad you're okay and have located the silver lining.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Ouch, James. Glad you're okay, but if you're still in any significant pain after a few days see the quacks.