Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Trump announces support for May over Russia: "with the UK all the way".

In other news, Trump sacks Secretary of State after Rex Tillerson makes series of statements about Russia's meddling in Western affairs and attacks on British soil.

Hmmmm

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tjm86 on 14 March, 2018, 09:19:58 PM
For the Tories, Sovereignty equals whatever is in the best interest of themselves / their donors.  Clearly the Skripral incident has got their Russian donors spooked.To quote Camelot, "it could be you!"
It's terrifying. Brexit is spiralling out of control. It was never a good idea anyway, but could at least have been handled in a way that didn't wreck the economy and the social fabric of the UK. (The smart move – beyond not doing it, after a period of due diligence – would have been joining EFTA and entering into a customs union, but no. We just get idiots yelling IT WILL ALL BE FINE, when it very clearly won't be.)

Tjm86

Aye, plus we get absolutely nothing from the opposition because they are all scared of the 'will of the people' [should be spoken in the same tones of voice as 'the greater good' a la Hot Fuzz].  Blair damaged the UK's international reputation with his unwavering support of Bush but Cameron looks set to have done far more damage with his spineless fear of the nutters in his party.  We are paying the price in endless austerity.

Modern Panther

I have never met an Irish person as interested in shamrocks as every Irish person who meets Trump appears to be.

Professor Bear

WW3's up next and I've barely any tinned food in the cupboards.  Damn this healthy eating kick.

The Legendary Shark

I think WWIII started in September 2001.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

To see Trump and May up there parroting the old familiar lines with even less sincerity and coherence than the usual cast, and know that the only reason either of them (or their regimes) are remotely interested in gassed brown muzzies-or-whatever is the potential for distraction from their circling of their own domestic plugholes...  it's making me so angry it feels like I have permanent indigestion. 

How I wish they would just blink out of existence like the predictable, lacklustre nightmares they are.

Professor Bear

At least Brexit will be a success.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Quote from: Professor Bear on 14 April, 2018, 11:55:17 PM

.... and now the Political Thread and Squaxx telling Jokes thread have merged.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Tjm86 on 15 April, 2018, 09:17:01 AM
Quote from: Professor Bear on 14 April, 2018, 11:55:17 PM

.... and now the Political Thread and Squaxx telling Jokes thread have merged.

Now all I have to do is coordinate the Writers' Block and Strontium Dog CGI Movie Announced by Lionsgate Entertainment threads and my conspiracy to install a New Forum Order will be almost complete.

Bwahaahaahaahaaa...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Thall I throw the thwitch now Marthter?

The Legendary Shark

Not yet - wait for The Signal...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

The Legendary Shark

Excellent. Now fetch me a kitten smoothie while we wait - and don't skimp on the whiskers.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]