Main Menu

Caballistics Inc. - Creepshow

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 May, 2010, 09:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I know that Caballistics Inc is an incredibly popular strip and while I've always enjoyed it its always frustrated me. While all the stories have been entertaining enough on their own their place within the grand story has been dominated to the point of smothering the individual tales. The stories to date have felt like distractions on the way to understanding the bigger picture. Mere vehicles to slowly reveal the secrets behind the characters, ways to fit the Caballistics Inc world into prog sized chunks.

I felt all that until 'Creepshow' when the balanced clicked. This felt like a story that added to the overall picture rather than one fitted ackwardly around the bigger scene. 'Creepshow' certainly moved the larger picture forward but it was a cracking yarn in itself and that's what counts in 2000ad. Gordon Rennie created a wonderfully realised fantasy and the creation of Ludgate Films was utterly convincing. I was truely engaged with the whole story and thus cared more for the details being added to the 'meta story' to use modern parlance.

Caballistics has looked fantastic through out and its no different here, just for me this was the first story to completely match this.

Complete.