Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensionson Xbox 360.
Good fun. I'm especially enjoying the Spider-Man Noir levels (although I will concede they're a blatant swipe from Arkham Asylum).
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

HatefulCactus

Quote from: Noisybast on 27 July, 2011, 01:33:56 PM
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensionson Xbox 360.
Good fun. I'm especially enjoying the Spider-Man Noir levels (although I will concede they're a blatant swipe from Arkham Asylum).

The 2099 levels were my favorite. Counting the days until Spider-Man: Edge of Time comes out.
Feel My Hate!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 24 July, 2011, 04:32:25 PM
Sent AC Brotherhood back to lovefilm, might give it another pop sometime, but in the 2 hours I played it I didn't enjoy it at all. For some reason while I'm playing it I can't at all remember why I enjoyed the 2nd one, the controls are awful and it's a real chore to get around in which I find is the biggest barrier for me with open world sandboxy games. It has to feel really satisfying to get around, but with AC it's just fiddly. Annoyed that I won't get to see what happens in the story mind you, I find that sc-fi side of it intriguing (even if I don't really get into all the Ezio stuff).

GTA IV gave me this feeling. I could appreciate it, but I couldn't play it
Lock up your spoons!

JudgeDevlin

Got Dynasty Warriors 7 today, loving it so far.

Radbacker

Child of Eden, absolutly mindblowingly arsom.  I love Rez but this just takes it to another level.  Motion controls that work and feel completely natural its almost like the Kinnect was made for this game.  My heart rate definatly increases as i play this, when i finished the first level i was breathing like I'd just ran 100m. Cant wait for the new Panzer Dragoon game thats secretly in production for the Kinnect.

CU Radbacker

Keef Monkey

Just blasted F3AR Insane difficulty in the face with both barrels. Which is to say that I finished it on Insane mode. Wasn't too tough actually, or maybe being my 3rd playthrough my F3AR chops are just awesome. I reckon it's that.

bluemeanie

Global Agenda.
Its another of these big "free to play" MMO's that steam are pimping now, same as Champions Online. This one is like a futuristic tech city surrounded by wasteland type thing.

Loads of fun so far. Plenty of solo missions of dubious morals to complete and it made me do some 4 player co-op with strangers which I would normally have shied away from but actually quite enjoyed.

HatefulCactus

American McGee's Alice. Need to buy a better PC if I wanna play Alice: Madness Returns.
Feel My Hate!

radiator

Last night I downloaded Bastion on XBLA. I'd been intrigued by a preview video I'd seen, and when I noticed Edge had awarded it 9/10 I was sold.

It's great! Highly recommended. Sort of like a modern take on the old isometric adventure games. Gorgeous graphics and a neat postmodern sensibility (the fourth wall-breaking voiceover is superb, amazed that it's - as far as I know - never been done in a game before!).

Tend to prefer downloadable titles these days. The lower average price, shorter playing time, instant access and more playful, experimental nature of them suits me down to the ground. I've adored the likes of Shadow Complex, Limbo and Trials HD in recent years. I tried to get into LA Noire, but it's so long-winded and didn't have that immediate, addictive, pick-up-and-play quality I want from my games.

Quite excited about the forthcoming Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine and of course Gears of War 3...

Keef Monkey

Just had a lovely Sunday gaming, thanks to Amy popping out for the afternoon. Some Borderlands with workmates (we used to play it a lot and the sequel announcement has got us back into it) then a successful run through Dark Carnival in L4D2 where no man was left behind. It was a bit hairy towards the end but there's nothing like pulling through by the skin of your teeth in that game :)

Been playing Fable 2 on and off since it was accidentally free that one time, and not really feeling it. Feels really unpolished and just a bit meh really. Just looking to rattle through the story quests and draw a line under that one.

Zarjazzer

i finally tried a point and click game "The Clockwork Man" and rather enjoyed the whole thing. Seemed very short but some simple puzzles and helpful hints from sidekick robot Sprocket made it seem fun rather than a chore.

It was- well not a word I normally associate with the sort of  games I play-charming.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Tiplodocus

RESIDENT EVIL - THE MERCENARIES on my lovely new 3DS.

Cracking fun - but I'm crap at it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Professor Bear

Quote from: radiator on 07 August, 2011, 11:52:41 AM(the fourth wall-breaking voiceover is superb, amazed that it's - as far as I know - never been done in a game before!).

Bruce Campbell narrated a few Spider-Man games directly to the player.  I think my favorite was whatever Spider-Man game (SM3, I think) had him comment "The last last guy who ignored my advice was Matthew Perry, and right after that he went into rehab.  You think about that."  The Simpsons Game did this, too, and Death Spank.

Lego Star Wars 3: Clone Wars.  Excellent.  I never even cottoned how huge the hub area was until I accidentally took a starfighter out for a spin and realised it wasn't just a starship-sized hub, you could actually land on an enemy starship and explore that, too.  Some really obtuse puzzles, but that might be my own fault for not realising the levels had a specific playing order, even though you can play any of them at any time.

Captain America: Super Soldier is a pretty good Arkham Asylum knock-off, just nowhere near as good.  Nothing about it is particularly sub-par, though the script is almost offensively poor.

Keef Monkey

I did hear that Captain America game was surprisingly fun, might give it a rent.

Just finished Infamous 2 and found it utterly fantastic. I found the first game exceeded my expectations (I figured it would just be Prototype again, which I found pretty mediocre) but had the odd niggle, so it's brilliant to see that every single element has been improved on in the sequel. Instead of taking a while to get awesome like the first game, it just starts awesome then gets exceedingly more awesomer as it goes on. Loved it, definitely the best thing I've played on PS3 by a mile, and I'd happily put it up there with my favorite games of the generation.

I can't actually think of a better superhero game right now, although it's a while since I played Arkham Asylum and that was ace. Then again, Batman probably doesn't count, so I'll happily crown Infamous 2 the Best Superhero Game Evah.

Tiplodocus

Quote(the fourth wall-breaking voiceover is superb, amazed that it's - as far as I know - never been done in a game before!).

Dunno if it quite counts as 4th wall breaking but there was a really elegant solution to you dying (endlessly in my case) in one of the Prince of Persia games. If I recall, the voiceover went "No, that's not what happened" and let you know you were part of a story being told and here was another chance to get it right.

In other news, I strangely excited whenever I get a STREET PASS hit on my 3DS.  If you leave it on wireless then it exchanges little bits of data with other 3DS users that you pass. You might not even know it happens at the time, just get a notification when you fire up your 3DS next.  You can then swap puzzle pieces or play mini games with them.  I remember reading about it and thinking "So what?" but now I've had a few connections with random strangers it's bizarelly addictive.  In particular, one chap called JAMEZ who was at the Grant Morrison SUPERGODS talk in Edinburgh  last weekend and also in Glasgow Central Station last night.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!