Main Menu

Are we getting any action figures from the new film?

Started by Dreddzilla, 09 February, 2012, 07:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

The detail on that Alien is pretty fantastic for a 70's 'kids' toy.

SKD

My younger brother had that Alien figure, when you pressed a switch in the back of his head his jaws opened and the secondary jaws pushed out. Action Man never knew what hit him. I bought an Alien vinyl kit in the 90s (Produced by Mpc I think) which used the same moulds as the action figure, unfortunatley it did not feature a working jaw mechanism. I also had the Alien movie adaptation, in my opinion, some of Walt Simonson's best work. Will we be getting a Dredd movie comic book adaptation? From Jock perhaps?

Stew.

Spikes

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 09 February, 2012, 03:21:03 PM
I stand corrected - must not have sold well though, otherwise I'm sure that more people would have been aware of it.

Famously the figure didnt sell at all. And a good few stores wouldnt stock it either. The mould for the Alien has been used by a quite a few differant company over the years, so its a familiar looking beast. The original is worth quite a bit though.Why 20th Century Fox would licence so much stuff, from an X cert film, to kids, is strange to say the least. Kenner created some Star Wars sized Alien figures, but these never got past the prototype stage.

TordelBack

mogzilla

hoping either neca or mezco for any dredd figs,neca have proved it doesnt have to be a major liscence as some of their stuff has shown especially with their game figures

Bat King

I don't do much merchandise buying. Not much in to figures or statuettes. However I have most of the 2000ad  Heroclix figures & some 28" miniatures.

What I would seriously buy is Dredd or 2000ad Lego. Would love some lot that.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Danbo

Some 12'' statues like the Star Wars Kotobukiya ones or deluxe figures and maybe a helmet replica would be nice.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 February, 2012, 12:17:34 PM
None of  Ripley in her pants? -sigh-

Penis-headed Aliens yes, women in their shorts no.

SKD

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 February, 2012, 12:31:28 PM

When my wife bought me the Halycon 1:1 scale Facehugger kit, from a hobby shop back in the 90's, she remarked on the similarity between the alien head and a penis to the red faced 17 year old lad on the till. She then pointed to the underside of the (built up) Facehugger kit suspended above his head and said sternly "....And that looks like womens bits!" The poor boy forgot how to work the till after that.

Stew. :D 

Bat King

Quote from: SKD on 12 February, 2012, 03:50:20 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 February, 2012, 12:31:28 PM

When my wife bought me the Halycon 1:1 scale Facehugger kit, from a hobby shop back in the 90's, she remarked on the similarity between the alien head and a penis to the red faced 17 year old lad on the till. She then pointed to the underside of the (built up) Facehugger kit suspended above his head and said sternly "....And that looks like womens bits!" The poor boy forgot how to work the till after that.

Stew. :D

Alien Action Figure £12:00
Face Hugger 1:1 Kit £35.00
Wife embarrassing the sales clerk with genital obsevations - Priceless.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

vzzbux

Is there any news as to who will be distributing these yet?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Steve Green

Distributing what?

If you mean merchandise, I don't think there is any. Or at least none announced.

If it's the film, Lionsgate overseas and Entertainment in the UK.

vzzbux

Merch and figures. Must be some sort of buzz somewhere.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Steve Green

HunterZolomon

Pop Culture Shock have made a very cool Judge Dredd diorama that will ship in September when the movie premieres. But it's not a movie version of Dredd, it's a classic 2000AD version with Call Me Kenneth!