Main Menu

Dredd Game

Started by Skullmo, 15 July, 2012, 01:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but the film seems to lend itself so well to the structure of a computer game, but I have not heard anything about a movie tie-in game . . ..  Anything coming?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Steve Green

shaolin_monkey

Not a movie tie-in, but there is an iOS Dredd Gamebook due out shortly. Several forum members have tested it, and have said its rather good.

radiator

Apparently, the reason for the lack of a tie in game is that Rebellion took on some very large projects and just don't have the time/resources at the moment.

Presumably it would be fairly easy to re-skin Judge Death Vs Zombies to make it tie in with the movie Dredd - wave after wave of baddies, tackling one level of a building at a time, slow motion etc - but I don't know the situation regarding rights.

MR. ELIMINATOR

They could always do a game after the movie is out and a huge success, there will probably be more demand then.

HunterZolomon

Movie franchise games are traditionally horrible, developed by second rate teams, so I hope they never make a game based on the Dredd films.

A Judge Dredd game along the lines of Batman Arkham City however would be spectacular! Both as a single player RPG as Dredd and/or as co-op creating your own Judge. A Skyrim style game with a vast open world MC-1 would also be fantastic.

hoops

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 17 July, 2012, 09:00:40 AM
A Judge Dredd game along the lines of Batman Arkham City however would be spectacular!

I agree but Dredd against the Peach Tree Block isn't too far away from Batman Arkham Asylum situation-wise so if they were able to do it justice (sorry) it could be a decent tie-in

Bubba Zebill

Rebellion must have plans for a new Dredd game at some point....I would have thought that a priority with a major film coming out.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

JOE SOAP

Quote from: BOODA on 17 July, 2012, 09:18:32 PM
Rebellion must have plans for a new Dredd game at some point....I would have thought that a priority with a major film coming out.

All ready been said -from an official source I believe- that Rebellion are obligated to fulfill other contracts, all ready in place, and they don't have the resources at this time for a Dredd game.

vzzbux

Probably have to wait for the sequel for the official game.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

James

And as a small self contained movie, Dredd (1) would make a good first half of a longer game.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 17 July, 2012, 09:27:14 PM
Quote from: BOODA on 17 July, 2012, 09:18:32 PM

All ready been said -from an official source I believe- that Rebellion are obligated to fulfill other contracts, all ready in place, and they don't have the resources at this time for a Dredd game.
Yes I saw that. It's a shame, I think...maybe its time they expand the team, hire more developers.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

MR. ELIMINATOR

If they started it now, or announce it right off the bat of Dredd, there will be a higher demand. They should do it, blow off their other commitments! (unless it was another avp)

Skullmo

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 19 July, 2012, 12:18:45 AM
If they started it now, or announce it right off the bat of Dredd, there will be a higher demand. They should do it, blow off their other commitments! (unless it was another avp)

Yeah - I mean surely they would earn more out of a Dredd game as they own the rights to it?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Richmond Clements